cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I really being ignored?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I tried sending a PM to RogersCilio last night and to the general "Community Helps" contact this morning, however, when I look at (open) the PMs in my "sent" folder, the "Send to" is shown as "Ignore 57."  Am I really being ignored? Smiley Sad

I have sent PMs previously without problem.  When I look at the list of sent messages, the "Community Helps" and RogersCilio names appear properly on the left, it's only when I open the sent item that I see "Ignore 57".   Perhaps this is "normal"?  I looked at some previous PMs that were successful and see the same "Ignore 57", so I guess this is just an oddity once you open the message?

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Am I really being ignored?

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @57

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I can confidently say that you are not being ignored by RogersCilio or the CommunityHelps Team.

Sounds like you're viewing the option to ignore when viewing the message that was sent.

RogersPrasana 

@RogersPrasana wrote:

Hi @57

Sounds like you're viewing the option to ignore when viewing the message that was sent.

I don't know what this means. I'm not clicking on the "ignored" option, but rather on the messages in the sent list.   Once I click the sent message (all messages that were sent), beside the "To" is a red box with Ignore 57 written in it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, I get it now. If I click on the red box I get the option to ignore myself. This makes no sense in relation to sent items!

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

We apologize for the scare. That is definitely not intended. I've logged a ticket now and will work to get this resolved shortly.

If you are looking for immediate assistance, please feel free to send a PM to @CommunityHelps!  

RogersRoland

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Interestingly, I was seeing the same thing on a message with a member who tried to contact me but couldn't successfully choose my name, being told that the system wants three letters to find the user, not two, but that he could send it by hovering over my icon and click send message.

The first message I got said the same thing you saw, ignore user and the person who sent it to me, his name was slightly faded out.

I was wondering given that experience what would happen with you as you were two letters long too.

So no you are not the only one.  I have seen it too.

My understanding is that mods have pushed the issue to Lithium for investigation.

Bruce

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersRoland

I am experiencing the same thing as @57

Here is what I see on all sent messages now under what I would expect would be the sent member moniker.

Ignore Bruce.PNG

So, hope this helps - no guessing that I may be doing something like hovering over ignore, or any of that stuff.

Just, when I look into the sent folder, the message I sent is there, but the member I sent it to shows "Ignore BS".

Didn't try to click it, just weird, plus I have to try to remember who I sent it to.

Bruce

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Couple of other odd results with this issue

If I go to new message and search for my  name bs it returns no matches, put in 57 no matches.  I can do it from their profile, but like mentioned earlier, someone trying to locate me for a message could not find me in new message, search for sender, but could do it by using profile.

And while on topic of profile.  Note this picture.

send message view.PNG

When I go into a profile to send the message, note that the send this user a private message is a blue link, the others in red.  On other ways of accessing (sorry can't remember, all were in red - I didn't even see the send this user at first, as my brain just passed over it like as if it was a header title since it didn't match the other objects with commands.

Slight problem with consistency in layout going on there - easy fix - just apply the template object formatting that is being applied to every other object button like cancel, post, quote, etc.

Bruce

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@BS and @57

The short username issue is known to us and we've been trying to address. The new changes resulted in the loss of copy/paste function for username, which poses an issue for our Community.

Also, in terms of the "Send this user a private message",  does this happen for all others? I have yet to come across an instant of this.  Can you also test on multiple browsers as well ?

RogersRoland

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersRoland

In response to your questions - yes consistent across all browsers, but it is unique to only 5 users I tested on, but not all.

I am reluctant to name the users in this open forum just for privacy of my own comunications, but it seems to be for me user specific.

I also want to comment - my initial reaction to does it do it on all browsers - I was reluctant to test alternative browsers - as others have said, I am not into being the tester for Rogers - I sent a picture of exactly how that looked with the blue hyperlink, so it happens - the picture was not displayed at this point.

I use only Firefox now for everything - it outweighs every browser out there in terms of its security and its integration to pocket which I use on an accommodation app for reading, and its ability to send a tab to firefox on other logged in devices.

I have to be straight forward on the reality of the constant - is it consistent on all browsers - I am always on current versions, and organizations that cannot support a certain browser are rare and will sometimes advise a particular one is best, but no bank, purchasing site, streaming site, absolutely none have I ever had browser issues, or have I had them tell me to try another browser.  For that matter, I don't remember the last time I had to contact a company because I couldn't access their site, yet it is so common with Rogers websites, it boggles my mind.

But, I also realize that there are too many things bugging me with Rogers sites at this moment, and I am getting grumpy and frustrated, so I think I will take some time off, and hopefully when back, Anyplace TV will have made some changes, and these funny bugs in Lithium will be cleared up.

Unfortunately, others like me who are here all the time to help people and give feedback, end up running into lots of issues right now.

I hope this feedback is useful.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

When I go to my messages and try to send a private message to someone with a 2-character user name, the user is not found. But when I click the user's profile, I can.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hey @BS,

Thank you for the update. We will file the ticket regardless and keep everyone posted on updates.

RogersRoland

arnym21
I plan to stick around

If the subject matter is such that is better to ignore, which unfortunately may happen with anyone, it might make sense for the portal algorithms to send such messages straight to Trash. Smiley Very Happy No-one deserves special treatment in that regard. Of course if the subject was deemed important by others, its not good to ignore, or it might indeed be a software bug.

This morning I received an e-mail asking:

Just wondering if you had received the answer you needed. If so, you should let the Rogers Community Forums know so that the answer can help other members.

Although I have received a response, the issue has not been resolved, so I'm not going to click on "solution" yet.  When I open a sent message, it still shows "To Ignore 57", with "Ignore 57" in a red, clickable box, which makes no sense.  It's certainly no big deal now that I know what's happening, but I thought I'd respond here to the e-mail since there didn't seem to be another place to respond.

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

The issue with the missing field in the Sent PM box has been resolved. Please take a look and let me know if it still resurfaces.

Thanks again for the patience and also bringing it to our attention 🙂

RogersRoland

OK, it does now show to whom it's sent, however, it still shows "Ignore 57" in a red box right beside there.  Half a fix?

I don't believe it makes any sense to have an "Ignore yourself" option anywhere, but hey, I can live with seeing to whom the message was sent, if it's difficult to remove the "Ignore yourself" option in the "sent messages".  

In the inbox, I can see the purpose of an "Ignore Sender" option...

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@RogersRoland

It sounds like a useful option for some to stay cool and focused on own life. The thread How to Voluntarily Ban yourself further explains the idea. I guess some people keep sending messages to themselves if no-one else answers. Smiley Tongue

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

I think its a built in template being used on their end. Almost similar to Sent Inbox. And yes, it is kinda weird that you can ignore yourself 😄

RogersRoland

Hey @57 @BS @OLDYELLR,

I'm glad to announce that the issue relating to unable to search/tag an user with 2 letters in their name have been resolved.  To those previously affected, the floodgates are now open and the PM's will be coming now 🙂

Thank you again for the patience as we worked to get it this resolved.

RogersRoland

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation