device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajug
I've Been Around

Re: device protection brightstar

SCAM!!! DO NOT GET BRIGHTSTAR PROTECTION PLAN FROM ROGERS.

Got a new iphone 11 from Rogers in Feb 2020 for my daughter. Brought insurance with Brightstar same day. 3 weeks later, phone got dropped and screen cracked. Phone working fine. Called Brightstar, they said No nearby stores in Toronto so please mail it. Selected the Repair option, paid $89 (on top of $11 monthly). Mailed it and 2 days later I got box from UPS with replacement iphone 11 - that was SIX MONTHS OLD USED. I called Brightstar and they said they will escalate it and someone will call you within 24 to 48hrs. Nobody called, so called back, same thing - someone will call you...then after 5 days received and email with a name. Called that person, he said he was Supervisor/Manager and last line. Anyway, they advised that it is their policy that if they can't repair, they will replace. They said they don't have the Part (replacement screen). I said I want my phone back even if you can't repair and I will take it to Apple. He said, that is NOT their policy, please read our policy. I argued that keep the $ and your replacement phone and just give MY phone back. He was adamant that it is their policy and they can't do anything else and he would not escalate anymore. 

I called Rogers to complain, and they advised that Brightstar has the final say and cannot do anything else. 

I should have checked the Brightstar reviews before getting the insurance as I see that they have done the same thing to other customers too. 

Rogers should look into this and escalate as they will have more escalations related to this company....

thanks 

TwitchyPuppy
I Plan to Stick Around

You get an iPhone? Grab Apple Care. Problem solved.
Plus you can also pay it in monthly instalments.
Thenotoriousko
I've Been Around

Bought a Samsung S8+ paid 12.99 a month for device protection including cracks broken glass water damage seen monthly they were taking the month then around new years 2018 they stopped taking the money at this point i wasnt watching every month that they were taking the money in march of 2019 the phone was dropped while rock climbing i called to have the phone replaced and they said as i didnt pay that month april they would not cover it. I told them that they had my banking info and its up to them to take the money that was sitting in the account and to contact me if they were having trounle doing so. I thought something fishy was going on so i contacted the bank and asked them why the money wasnt able to come out of the account as it had every month earlier i asked if it was because my debit card was renewed and thet said it wouldnt change anything they had the account number and could pull the money as they pleased but by choice were not as in the fine print they could get away with it. Absolute scam cost me almost 700 on top of 1500 i paid for it. P.s sorry for horrible grammar and run on sentences too exhausted with this to care.

omar2809
I've Been Around

Very bad services. It does not deserve the monthly payment.  I had a battery issue and I called Brightstar protection plan to open a service request.  After a long wait time and a long time answering questions the person talks to me e claims that they can not file the service order because they have system error. He promised he will call me after 2 business days with a solution. That never happens. I called again and the same problem repeated. It takes more than 7 days of trials until I understand that it is useless service and scam. I will cancel this protection plan from all my 3 devices. My advice save your money.

edit4uu
I've Been Here Awhile

Brightstar is total fraud
Brightstar is total fraud. From last 2 years, I’m paying $13 as insurance for my iPhone. In October it fell in water. I put my chip in another phone to call them for service request for my phone. They said your insurance is cancelled beacause your chip is not in your phone . I told them if I didn’t put my phone in another phone then how can I call you and also I need my phone for my business. But they didnt listen. They did nothing and put 2 escalations on my account. I talk to their managers also. She was saying the same thing. Worst experience of my life.
sjshobhit
I'm Here A Lot

I filed a service request for the iphone 11 pro i purchased from rogers that I had been using since 10 months but a couple of months back I got it replaced by apple as it was under warranty because it was giving some issues. I have been using the same device ever since and last week i lost that device but brightstar reject the claim stating that the device was not purchased from rogers but their insurance policy states that they do provide claims on even bring your own device plans. I have been with rogers for more than an year never had to face such problems but this is first time and i think would be last time i am dealing with rogers and brightstar. Have 3 more lines under my account but they don't know how to deal with the customer, no help provided by them. Paying device protection premium since 1 year to get nothing from it. Would never recommend for these guys.
sjshobhit
I'm Here A Lot

Never pay for protection with brightstar
RogersAndy

Hey @sjshobhit!

I'm so sorry to hear you've had such difficulty in getting your claim put through :(. We'd definitely like to take a look into this to see what options are available for you. Feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps at your convenience. You can read more about our PM system here.

@RogersAndy

nawo007
I've Been Around

Brightstar Device Protection is worst service I've had in my life.

Worst Service ever. I've lost my phone almost a month ago and still, I haven't received my phone yet.
They made me call more than 10 times. Every time they say 2-3 business days.
1st Call - ID Verification Required (Asks for 3 Different Documents)
2nd Call - ID Verification Failed (Send 2 more documents).
3rd Call - You are not eligible we are going to look at the problem give us 2-3 business days.
4th Call - Asset Protection team is looking at the case.
5th Call - Everything is cleared up go online and pay.

Payment is not processing online.
6th Call - Billing Department is going to look at the issue.
7th Call - Something is wrong on our end. The escalation team is going to look at it.
8th Call - Call the Escalation team. (They don't answer... hold for 10 mins then disconnect automatically.
9th - Call after 3 days - IT Department is looking if the device is blacklisted or not.
10th - Call everything looks fine but the payment is not processed. We are going to create a request from the billing department to process. Call us in 3 business days.

STILL WAITING 😞

sjshobhit
I'm Here A Lot

I got almost the similar responses and called them like 7-8 times. Didn't got phone yet. And they are giving excuses that your bill might be pending where as I never had any bill payment in pending status. Not even a single penny.