device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: device protection brightstar

Hey there @Jodiearthurson!

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!! 🙂

I can see what a tight bind you are in, seeing that you are leaving for overseas very soon! I'm really disappointed to hear that you had such a poor experience through Brightstar, I'd be equally upset.  😔 By any chance, were you able to complete the upgrade to a new device in store? That would definitely be the quickest and most efficient way to get a new phone in a timely manner.

Also, I'm not sure from your last message as to whether or not the situation was escalated with Brightstar. If so, it typically takes them 48 hours to reply. 

If it has been more than 48 hours since the escalation was submitted through Brightstar, I just noticed your latest post. Feel free to send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps at your earliest convenience so we can assist! For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE

Thank you!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

... Kind of seems dumb.. at least they have an insurance policy to honor. Can't really go wrong, with it.
I've Been Around

Absolutley the worst program Rogers has to offer. Took me 6 months in order to get a simple phone screen replaced. Nobody is able to help through brightstar and they keep re-directing you to Rogers and then Rogers re-directs you back to brightstar.  It's a program that cost you 13 dollars a month and if it was offered to me for 1 penny I still wouldn't pay them. I have since cancelled my service and I do not recommend it to anyone! Please get a new program for device protection Rogers this company is going to ruin yours! I would rate it 0/10!

I've Been Around

This protection plan is a joke.  I dropped my phone and smashed the screen almost 2 weeks ago.  They are still processing the paperwork to fix it.  They have denied the paperwork 3 times now.  First time because I hadn't signed it and the second time they said the incident date was never entered.  Now I am being told that my incidents don't match (I have only ever written October 31st).  Apparently, they have a different date in their system and this is my fault.  Now I have to wait another 2 business days for them to review this date change.. cause that should take 2 days.  Not to mention we have had rain almost every day for 2 weeks and brightstar told me if there is any water damage to my phone I would have to pay 200 for a new one.  It's a joke.   It only takes around 1 hour to fix a smashed screen and it would have cost me $100 somewhere else to have it fixed on the spot.  Imagine if I had lost my phone!  It's going to cost me $200 to get another and 2 weeks?  Absolute joke.  So unbelievably disappointed.  DO NOT RECOMMEND!  

I've Been Here Awhile

They refuse to fix my Galaxy A5 that doesn't charge. When my HTC Touch Diamond broke back in 2009 I called and got a HTC Magic to replace with. I heard since then Rogers switched to Brightstar, please switch back. Also this is ridiculous I have to wait 2 hours on hold to talk to an agent to complain!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers please switch back to the other company you used when I got my Touch Diamond replaced and you switched to BrightStar!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I recently filed a service request which took approximately one month and a week to get answer from Bright Star. They denied my service request reason given was I have provided them misleading documents therefore, they cannot process my request. Well, I filed a genuine request, all of the documents I provided them were 100%  genuine. Now what what that they found misleading, I tried to contact them and called in total 11 times, every time I call them they mention that they left a message and email but during the service request and after that I have never received any email or call or voicemail from them and no one from Bright Star has contacted me yet. I have to call them waiting after two/three days and they've been telling me that they will escalate the problem and have someone call me again. Now more than month has passed and they are not even giving me a proper response anymore neither they are offering me anything. I have been paying them 13$ every month just to get this kind of disappointment. I have been a loyal customer of Rogers since last 3-4 years, I use all the services from Rogers (Wireless, TV, Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring) all my family members have wireless devices from Rogers. This is very disappointing when you get paid by being offered disappointment. If possible help please. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @jigneshpatel,

I appreciate the details you've provided so far. Typically a claims transaction doesn't take this long, I see you've reached out to us via PM and we'll be happy to continue our conversation there.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Biggest scam ever. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS PROTECTION PLAN. Cost of my repair is the same as my deductible,$100. IF ITS LOST OR STOLEN ITS $200+. SC card was not reading on my unit, no fall or drop just stopped working. Only way to pay is via credit card directly to BrightStar directly which is also a crock. I don't know them or signed up to deal with them. I signed with Rogers, not their third party. I reluctant on providing some company I never signed up with my credit card. No other way to pay them. Rogers shame on you. Better yet, 3 others were present when we got these phone together, all signed up for protection plan including my lawyer is will be having fun with this one. THINK ABOUT IT....WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR?.....30-40 MINS ON HOLD, NO PHONE WHILE REPAIR IS BEING DONE AND WHATEVER MONEY YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID OUT TOWARDS THIS PLAN.....PAYING THE HIGHEST RATES IN THE WORLD ALREADY.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly, Agree with you. In my case, I have been paying to Rogers every month and when I claimed I was told by one of the representative of Rogers that Bright Star is third party they cannot do anything to help me. I have to contact them directly. I called them waited for more than a month and I still am waiting for their reply. They are nothing but a scam. They take your money but when it comes to repay you by offering service they just walk away. I contacted rogers many time, I called bright star many times but yet here I am without any response. Please stop wasting our time and money. I should have stayed with Bell. They are far better than Rogers when it comes to customer service and giving response. They are the one really deserve loyal customers not Rogers.

Topic Stats