device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: device protection brightstar

after reading this thread I see the plan has always had issues.  I accidentally dropped my phone and filed a service request online.  I get an email that states ok to go to store for fix then another email immediately after stating they need all these documents to proceed.  So....I upload my car ownership (which email said was fine but then was denied), my car insurance slip, d\l and statutory declaration which is ridiculous as they have ALL my info already through my account.  Then they ask for a copy of the service request...funny, it was filled out online I never got a copy of it so I upload it how???  Now...all this was AFTER they took my $113.00.  So essentially, I paid for the plan, $113 and have been waiting almost 3 weeks to hear from anyone.  I filled out a "contact us" online...no response.  I called and was told its being escalated but the agent felt the need to remind me I only had 60 days...LOL  I'm waiting on them not the other way around.  I have 6 accounts with Rogers...personal and business (some over 20 years) and this was the first and last time I will be talked into this plan.  Actually I believe I will start moving my accounts to a different provider.  I also happened to notice no response from Rogers concerning these complaints

Hello @michelle28,

A warm welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and thanks for posting your concerns. This certainly sounds like a pretty frustrating ordeal so I don't blame you for feeling upset. 🙁

By any chance, have you had the opportunity to review my previous post #56? It has some helpful information explaining how Brightstar's device claim process works. I see you have already had your claim escalated and are waiting to hear back. If possible, please do share the results with us in the Community as we'd like to know what transpires.

If you come to a point where you feel you have exhausted all available avenues with Brightstar, please do reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can perhaps check into some alternative options for you (outside of Brightstar). We greatly value your business and would like to ensure that a solution is found for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kindest of regards,

RogersLaura​​​​​​​

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

The response you had for the other thread is what was sent to me in an email and yet my info was still rejected.  I uploaded everything again and was told 2 business days.  Its now been 3 days and still nothing yet I get told I only have 60 days.  It has been almost a month.  So is this how it works?  You drag your feet for 60 days then tell me Im out of luck?  what happens to my $100?

Good evening @michelle28,

I can imagine how frustrating this experience has become for you. Especially since you've mentioned that you've provided all the required documents.

As my colleague suggested in the post above yours, if you haven't heard back since you've last posted here please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to review possible solutions for you.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

hi
same thing is happening to me. I am student so i have only internet billing which they rejected three times. Now i dont know what show I do. I also send my enrolment letter as a student verification but they also rejected that one.

Hello @arshpreet98,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your first post! 🙂

I would recommend that you ask the Brightstar team if there are any additional options available for documentation that you may provide and if not, request that they escalate the matter to see if an exception can be made.

Please let us know how it goes! 

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

I will Never ever buy Rogers Just because of there bright star contract.

Brightstar is ripping people off and Rigors is helping them to do so.

they ask you the documents and just make silly arguments against your provided documents .

just kill time and then when you provide your documents they will say your are out of time. because you have to change bills to your name. I will Never buy rogers and will strongly Encourage people to not to go with rogers untill they cancel their alliance with brightstar. Brightstar Even does not recognize the documents provided by ROGERS Itself. As, I called rogers and they called brightstar but brightstar said no we don't accept it.Please Don't buy ROGERS.

never buy rogers until they break their alliance with brightstar.Brightstar doest even recognize rogers doccumnents and rogers say they cant do as brightstar need documents to be.

I've Been Here Awhile

Bright Star Protect - Not accepting Lease Renewal document

I lost my phone couple weeks back, Bright star asked me to submit few documents out of which one is Lease Agreement document. They rejected mine as that was created in 2018. And as per our leasing policy, every year we get only Lease Renewal document and not the Lease Agreement. I submitted Lease renewal document, but they are not accepting. I submitted Rent receipts, ledger document from head office every thing that I could get from leasing office, but they keep rejecting and asking for Latest Lease agreement. I said, I may have to change my apartment to get the agreement, but they said they wont accept any document created after the claim date. And now I am struck, I cannot cancel my rogers services or the insurance services. But keep paying both of them with out having the service. Either rogers is helping me nor Bright star. I strictly recommend not to take the device protection at all. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I am feeling that pain now, and I agree with you. No to Rogers just because of Bright Star Protect.

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with you. No to Rogers, just because of Bright Star Protect.