device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjshobhit
I'm Here A Lot

Re: device protection brightstar

I am waiting for their next response untill tomorrow night. Which I already know would be also a lame excuse as usual.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

This topic has been going for a couple of years.  Nobody is happy with Brightstar.  Isn't it time Rogers switched to a better insurance service?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Bhangu
I've Been Around

Hi, I am really confused because they are saying my fulfillment request is pending. I added all the documents they needed but i am not able to submit them. The submit button is blurred. Please help me, i need my device urgently.

Thanks

RogersZia

Hi @Bhangu,

Welcome to the Community!

I assume this is pertaining to a claim with Brightstar, have you had a chance to contact them and let them know you're unable to send in the required documents?

We have reached out to you via private message. We await your response.

RogersZia

sjshobhit
I'm Here A Lot

Buddy, email them the documents.
kelkholy
I've Been Here Awhile

Have paid for the service of premium device protection for 2 years, now I have to pay $400 to replace my broken device and they keep giving me the run around. They send me links that dont work. The customer service is so incompetent. Extremely poor service designed to discourage people from filing claims. Its a scam. Its like flushing your money down the toilet.

Brightstar is a almost a scam. They try to make it so hard to file a claim, and then you have to buy so much for a replacement device that it is absolutely not worth it to buy the service. The company is a joke. Horrible experience.

drhanshi_dragon
I've Been Here Awhile

Lost my device on the 10 of feb 2021 I sent all Document still waiting I rather remove all 9 lines protection as bright-star the worth company ever hard to put in claim as if you getting loan for millions of $$ if I don’t get my device replaced by this week I’m leaving Rogers bright star 9 lines every month I pay $1000 for my 9 lines as (Edited - Keep Personal Info. Private) has been lost at my doctor office Rogers deal with it if you want to collect $13 on each line or remove my protection

elmacattacka
I've Been Around

Just came here to add to the community saying DO NOT PURCHASE THE PREMIUM PROTECTION PLAN FROM ROGERS!!

Complete waste of time and money, Brightstar (the insurance company they are with) will do everything in their power to not help you. My phone is less than a year old and stopped charging, not damaged. They wanted me to pay $175 to have it shipped to them so they can repair it, on top of the $11 I pay per month. Went to Apple Store, they fixed it free of charge in about 10 minutes. I immediately cancelled my plan and asked for my money back or I threatened to leave Rogers (they only gave me half).

Honestly, unless you are super prone to losing your phone (in which case, you should buy a really cheap phone), or to smashing your screen (in which case, buy a case!) the amount you save per month and from the deductible more than pays for any repairs you might incur. 

Roland_7777
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I agree, I have paid more in bright star fees and I am prone to breaking it. With the monthly cost and the costs they add to replace a screen. Need also say they do not cover the back of the phone although that can also crack.

Not worth it. I canceled also and I believe Rogers should cancel them.

Rogers is better than that.
drhanshi_dragon
I've Been Here Awhile

I don’t like company as bright star they charge $13 per month and when I lost my iPhone they refused to replace it fraudulent big time I’m leaving Rogers I moved 5 line so far still 5 to go bye bye Rogers