device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: device protection brightstar

Good afternoon and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @Mikeoftoronto,

Based on what you've described I can imagine how inconvenient this experience has been for you. Have you had a chance to escalate this issue via Brightstar?

RogersZia

I've Been Around

SAMSUNG S9+ became a 29.99 Murata Manufacturing S9+ knock off

I have been a customer of Roger's for over 17 years now. I have spent thousands constantly buying the latest phones and currently having 5 phone lines through you. Mh bill is equivalent to a large mortgage payment per month.

So with that being said......

My SAMSUNG Galaxy S9plus was maybe 4 months old when the microphone started to glitch and then malfunction to the point of not working at all......Except for some reason...Google was able to pick up on selective words and record conversations. Yet I wasnt able to make an emergency call if needed.
So after calling in and spending over 6hrs on the phone with tec support to sales back to Tec support then to buyers remorse to tec support again and then the "loyalty department" where I was escalated to the manager then they transferred me to some unknown own department. Where a woman was overly apologetic and was gonna do this and that and send me out a replacement phone ASAP.
After all that, thankfully I have been heard and I'm getting another S9+. After waiting fif z confirmation email regarding the shipping details. The next day nothing, 2days nothing so I called back and there was no recollection of my call, issues or anything regarding a replacement phone. 4-5 days later i get a call from UPS that j have a
to pick up my package. Oh it's my phone. Kool.... home all day,no one came to the house.
I go get my phone and I noticed that it
was....off.pnot like my previous phone.. but . I'm trying NOT to focus on the negative. But after hooking it up our home wifi I was shocked i see
A unfamiliar phone.Turnd
Why the heck Would you send me a replacement SAMSUNG GALAXY S9plus that's actually made by Murata Manufacturing?
It has been 3 months now of having this piece of garbage, and having to get a screen replacement.
Why the heck send me an29.99 Japanese phone to replace my 1300 legit SAMSUNG. I pay for the insurance, but this issue isn't with Asuron or Brightstar. Its with ROGERS. For ripping me off, pulling the wool over my eyes.
Rectify my situation, I'm choosing to do this so others will see, possibly relate to what I have to deal with. Iirc don't> want my calls or emails being redirected and go "missing"
When ever I call in I seem to speak to just 3 diffrent employees every time.
I'm pretty naive to believe that you want to keep your customers happy . Im so close to cancelling everything I have with Rogers.

For being a loyal customer of 17+years I deserve to be treated better than this.

Djonibot

Highlighted

Hello @Djonibot,

We appreciate you joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post! 🙂

First off, I just want to let you know that loyalty means a lot to us and it's important that your concerns are addressed with your best interest in mind. It sounds like you haven't been too pleased with your experience since getting your new s9+. 😞

You made mention that you have coverage through Brightstar. Was the swap and screen repair done directly through them?  

We can sometimes offer swaps at Rogers if a customer meets the eligibility criteria, but in most cases, the replacement you receive is refurbished, not brand new. I do apologize if this was not properly communicated to you beforehand.

We look forward to your reply!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

I cant believe brightstar finds loopholes to deny the claims, i lost my phone and they denied my claim, i have been paying for protection plan for 3 years but now when i need it they denied my claim saying i did not meet their terms and conditions.
I call your agents and he says i am on my own.

No one wants to help me qnd left me hanging
I gotbscammed, customer for 18 years and 2 accounts with all services and this us the way i get treated.

Hello @Pannu28,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😊

Losing a cellphone can be extremely stressful, especially considering how expensive they can be these days! 😟

Are you able to share the reason as to why Brightstar denied your claim? Was the incident reported within 60 days of the occurrence?

I understand that you also sent us a Private Message. Please continue chatting with us via PM if you would like us to investigate this matter further and/or provide you with alternate solutions.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

The worst ever! I’m not sure if the words they use to “make you feel like your device is protected” when it’s not at all what so ever! What a joke! $200 to fix the opposite side of my screen? LOL hahahhaha and they wanted the money over the phone !? Like really?

I've Been Around

Terrible service Brightstar Device replacement

Customer service unable to help for since yesterday the representative on the phone would not give his full name : Samuel  - Employee # 25546 - Supervisor Licenced Adjustor...I still have no clue about my device replacement and I am still without a phone this is how a 5 years old loyal Rogers Customer is treated??

I regret paying Insurance for my device to Brightstar and when I need help the most they are showing me their back and giving me excuses of document approval...they need to verify a utility bill for two days??? thats the most absurd request I have ever come accross...THANK YOU ROGERS AND BRIGHTSTAR FOR MAKING THINGS SO DIFFICULT AND IRRITATING AND PUSHING AWAY A CUSTOMER.

I've Been Around

Rogers is loosing me as a customer (4 lines and $400 monthly bill) been with Rogers for years and now I’m going to just go to a different Carrier because rogers decided to partner with such a bad company for their phone protection service and offers no help at all when having a problem with Brightstar to get the phone replacement. Brightstar customer service is the worse (not sure why they even have customer service phone number when they all repeat the same thing like a recorded message). I’m still waiting for my phone replacement request to be approved. When I filed the service request they asked for utility bill, proof of address and Id after verifying identity via the credit bureau they still want all these documents. 48 business hours later my two bills were still under review and they completed only the id verification, not sure why they can’t review all the docs together and one document they take 1 hour to review and approve and they other one they take over 48 hours? Now I’ve been over 48 hours I’ve called and they said they escalated it and have to wait another 48 business hours for that escalation review to be completed which going to leave me without a phone for over a week. This is definitely the worse company to deal with!

Hey @Shollyfd!

It's disheartening to hear you've had such a negative experience trying to get your replacement device :(. Though this process should be relatively simple, there may at times be additional verification required from Brightstar. Totally understandable that it's come as an inconvenience though. From our end we do have the ability to send an escalation to Brighstar on your behalf. Feel free to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps, or through wireless technical support http://www.rogers.com/contactus.

For more information on sending us a PM you can find out more by clicking, here.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Dropped my iPhone and the screen went black and it won’t work. Bright star responded quickly and I had a phone two days later. This lovely REFURBISHED iPhone 7 Plus has a very temperamental touch screen, as in it works 20% of the time. When I contacted Brightstar, instead of them sending me a replacement to the replacement, I was told that I needed to bring the phone to a service centre to have the phone looked at. I was being told that I needed to rectify THEIR mistake and get THEIR mess fixed by myself. Any customer service agent, including Managers, that I spoke with, were absolutely useless and were not willing to help solve THEIR mistake. I am not sure why Rogers would continue to work with a company with such disrespect for customers.

Still waiting to get issue resolved!