device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: device protection brightstar

I would never use this service again. I've been paying for this service for over 2 years and now when I finally need my phone replaced they are giving me a hard time. They sent me a refurbished phone and right out of the box it was faulty. When I called them and requested that they send me a new device they told me they can only send me a refurbished one. I paid a fee for this service for over 2 years and another $200 for replacing the device. I'm taking the $200 refund and I'll just buy a phone out of pocket rather than dealing with these people!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Worst company to deal with , they are rip off,
Very unprofessional staff
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Kannakc,

This is horrible to hear - have you checked online outlets (wish.com) for cheap, quad-core Android phones? They may not be Samsung / Apple quality, but they cost less than $200 and will allow you to carry on until your next major hardware upgrade.

I've Been Around

Re: device protection brightstar nightmare

Buckle up kids because you're in for a ride with Brightstar.  There's not enough time in the day to explain what an utter disaster this company and its customer service is. Now remember I so foolishly payed for this service every month. I sent my phone in because my SIM card was stuck in the phone and I couldn't use it. They lost my phone and claimed it was the post service. It wasn't and that was a nightmare in itself. After about a month they finally admitted it was their fault. I called every week and sent in multiple escalation complaints after waiting on hold longer than most people have been on this earth.  After 6 weeks they sent the phone back without a tray that is needed to put the SIM card on. I still can't use my phone, I continue to call and put in complaints and I have to wait another week to find out if I can get a tray and hopefully a refund from this abortion. DONT PAY FOR THE SERVICE, BUY TICKETS TO THE CIRCUS BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WITNESSING CLOWNS WORK ANYWAYS.

Good evening @Helpme3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums 🙂!

What you've described is definitely an ordeal, thank you for explaining the issue in detail. It's surely disappointing when an issue isn't resolved in an expedient manner. Please keep us posted about the outcome of the escalation.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

What are you going to do about costoner problem ? Just passed them to scam Brightstar ! They had a contract with rojers they don’t know Brightstar.
I have a same problem with Brightstar, i recived the new iphone and sent back an old one within 5 days . But now Brightstar charge me 452 $ because they said that they didn’t received the old iPhone. When i call canada post and track the parcel the canada post said that they recived it but they didn’t deliver it yet to Brightstar. Canadapost said that “ it’s against the law that Brightstar charge you because they had a contract together to deliver the parcel and they can check the parcel and see where it is “
At first why they didn’t inform me that they didn’t receive the iphoy
Second why they charge my visa without any information
Why they didn’t check canada post with their track number .
And so many why ???
After 3 hours on the phone with visa, rogers , canada post , the first agent of Brightstar hangout the phone when I wanted her supervisor, cecound one pass me to canada post and last one said that you have to wate until post deliver the parcel Smiley Happy)))
But i just know rogers ، how is responsible for compensation, my money , time and credit waste?
Rogers shame on you to pass the people to scan Brightstar 😠😠😠

Good evening @Ariaataee,

Welcome to the Community!

What you've described surely sounds like an ordeal! The amount charged to your credit card is pretty significant as well. Have you received any further updates about Brightstar receiving the shipment?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Today one of really kind associate of roger track my situation with Brightstar, they just say that they are going to investigate about the reason and going to inform my on next monday . It was really strange for roger associate too , because if i lost the iphone Brightstar must charge me for 200 $ and now that they didn’t recive the iphone they charge me 452 $ . 🤣🤣🤣
Let’s wait for monday ✋🏻
I've Been Here Awhile

I have never in my life dealt with a company like Brightstar
. I cant believe that Roger's allows themselves to be affiliated with them.

They have done everything they can to avoid paying my claim and still haven't.

Everytime I call they say something different. They lie to me they call me a liar.

Save your ml money dont pay for this useless plan
I've Been Here Awhile

The device protection is an absolute waste of money. I cant believe how it is to deal with this company. They do nothing but lie and try to avoid paying