device protection brightstar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: device protection brightstar

Hey @User5458,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and I apologize for the tardy response.

Although we do have an exclusion in our Terms & Conditions which states you are not covered due to military action or war, however, we do cover all military personnel and their devices.

In this particular scenario, your device should definitely be covered. I'm terribly sorry for the misinformation, this was definitely an error on our part.

If you haven't already had this addressed, please reach out to us via our PM, @CommunityHelps, so we can get this resolved for you. In case you're not familiar with how our Private Messenger works, please review THIS blog.

Kind regards,

RogersCilio 

I've Been Around

I got my new samsung s8plus. Got device protection. I was reassured that my phone would have insurance immediately. I even have an email stating this. The Roger's rep even told me that I am covered. So 3 days in I dropped my new phone. I didn't have screen protector, because they dont make any cases with screen protection for new androids anymore! I have an otterbox defender case. The phone screen cracked. I went into Roger's where I got my phone and they put in the claim. Told me it's all good. Itll take 10 days to go through. On day 5 they emailed me (brightstar). And told me my claim was denied.. I'm obviously angry because now I have this cracked phone that has insurance I CAN'T EVEN USE!!!???? Itll cost me $399 to replace my screen now. And I can't even get a case with a screen protector.
I'm NOT IMPRESSED !!!!!!

Highlighted

Hello @Jynjan

Welcome to our Community!

After waiting that long for a response, only to get a no, I'd be none too impressed as well.

I'd like to take a look into your claim and ensure that we do our due diligence here. I don't want you to feel like signing up to the Device Protection Plan was a waste. If Brightstar has made a mistake in processing your claim, we will catch it!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Do not purchase a Protection Plan through Rogers; I got scammed for 400 bucks!

Three years ago I purchased a S6 through a Rogers store and renewed my plan. The guy at the counter was very nice and convinced me to pay for a monthly protection plan, he told me that it would cover my phone is it would get damaged. I had pretty bad luck with phones in the past so I thought it was worth it for me.

Three years later paying 11$ per month I dropped my phone and messed up the screen. I think the phone is in order but the front screen is black and there is a crack in the back glass. Brought it in to the Rogers store and they told me to contact Brightstar directly, which I did and they approved my request to fix my phone.

NOW here is were the scam starts. I brought it to the recommended store and they told me that Brightstar only covers the front screen but anything other than that is deductible (the back glass will cost me $100 out of my own pocket). Why did I pay this company 400 bucks just to insure my front screen??? Why is Rogers affiliated with this company???

Good morning @rohitlopes!

Welcome to our Community!

I know full coverage is what's expected when we, as consumers, purchase any warranty. I tend to have this expectation too.

Have you tried to dispute this fully with Brightstar? You can contact them at 1-855-877-3887.

If you have escalated with Brightstar and you're still not satisfied with the results, I would be more than happy to take another look. We are here for you!

Please PM us if you need our assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

The worst company I have ever dealt with.
Firstly BrightStar sent me a replacement phone for a replacement phone. This one came locked from an unknown phone carrier so it’s not useable. The first replacement came with a faulty battery.
My phone carriers is Rogers, who tried to help but phone is locked by another carrier. Brightstar said need 48 BUSINESS hours to review my file. THEN the matter will forwarded for a decision on how they Will proceed. Bright star has had plenty of time to deal with this but now I leave overseas in 6 days without a replacement phone.
The biggest joke is the brightstar customer service representative TOLD ME SHE HAD TO HANG UP because they have 2 minute stay on the phone policy to Deal with each customer at that point she told me she had to hang up because other customers were calling in. I almost lost it when she said that. I insisted Amin speaking to her supervisor.
I spoke with Adam and explained Brightstar sent me a locked phone by an unknown phone carrier so my Rogers simm card did not work. I said a decision to see brightisde is at fault shouldn’t take 48 business hours to review. I explained I was leaving on holidays overseas and didn’t have 48 business hours to wait. Adam, supervisor, told me he could do nothing about sending the phone out earlier and had to go through the proper channels. Adam repeatedly said, “I’m sorry that’s the way you feel” is very condescending way to talk to customers. I told Adam to transfer to the department who can obviously read my file and made the obvious decision to send out another replacement today so I have a phone when overseas. He would not. Adam had a choice to provide better customer service and recognise their mistake. Bright star, ensure your replacement phones are not locked and ensure you test the batteries work before sending them out. I paid $200 for a phone I will not have and if I had known earlier could have made alternate arrangements. Rigers. The worst decision was engaging brightstar. Hello bell!
Retired Moderator RogersAli
Retired Moderator

Hey @Jodiearthurson,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy 

What you've described is certainly an ordeal. We strive to provide a better experience to our customers. Have you had a chance to come to a resolution with Brightstar as part of the escalation?

Even though all device protection related issues have to go directly through Brightstar, I would be more than happy to take another look at your account and see if we have any options.

Please let us know. 

Thanks

RogersAli 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi
No, unfortunately a resolution to escalate my case with brightstar. I have no idea where happening. I feel like if I’m going to have a device to go overseas with, then my only choice is to upgrade. I’ve been with Rogers for many years but Bell is half the price of Rogers for a new iPhone 8 plus 256GB. I leave in 2 days
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi
Please disregard last message.
No, unfortunately a resolution to escalate my case has NOT been reached with brightstar. I have no idea if they acknowledge the fact that they sent me a defective replacement phone, and whether they will send another one immediately.
Since I’m leaving overseas in 2 days it appears I won’t receive another replacement phone in time.
I can’t go overseas without a phone so I guess my only choice is to upgrade. I’ve been with Rogers for many years but Bell has a special on which is half the price of Rogers for a new iPhone 8 plus 256GB.
I've Been Here Awhile

6 days later and still no follow up from brightstar regarding my case.
So much for Expediting it