Yahoo Homepage is Disappointing: Its so American Focused.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Yahoo Homepage is Disappointing: Its so American Focused.

When you login to Rogers Webmail, you are taken to your e-mail in a new tab, however, when you log out, you're taken to the Rogers/Yahoo "home" page. It simple to avoid if you want, just close the tab instead of logging out. (at least that's how it works for me)  I usually prefer to logout though, which is one extra step and closing the Rogers/Yahoo tab is now "automatic" for my muscle memory.

As the OP mentioned in a later post, he has his favourite news websites bookmarked and it's easy to change the home page in any browser, so there's no need to ever go to the Rogers/Yahoo "home" page.

I also used to have Yahoo.ca News as my home page many years ago, however, it's become unrecognizable and I now have Environment Canada Weather for Toronto as my home page. It loads quickly too.   

It's easy to change your home/startup page/button under settings or preferences, whatever, in your Browser.  It's often best to go to the page you'd like to use as your home/startup page and then save it under the settings/preferences.  I doubt that "most people" who use a computer can't handle that.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you...thats good advice.

I have no problem doing that for myself, but I'm complaining on behalf of the average customer who cannot or does not know how to do these things.

I just think that Rogers should be aware its not meeting the needs of most people. I don't see why the average customer has to think outside of the box when they aren't computer literate or not super users. 

Obviously I'm not making my point effectively but many people that I know hate the default homepage of Yahoo and are upset that they are paying for a sub standard service in respect to the Homepage.

Anyway I'm done. But thank you for your suggestions I will pass them on to others that I know. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert