Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Gamer Tag Issue

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey guys,

I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone knows a resolution.

I haven't played on Xbox for a long time... was mostly PS3 Fan.

I don't have any of the new Gen Consoles (yet).

so Xbox360 it is...

My gamertag is what I have the issue with...

to make this simple (and private) I am going to call my GamerTag Email - GTmail and my MicoSoft Account Email - MSmail from here on.

So way back I set up Xbox account with my GTmail and I played my games on Xbox and acheivement game purchases was on associatd with that GTmail.

Recently getting a new PC build, I got 8.1 and wanted to set up an Microsoft account so i used my primary email - MSmail for it, since it is linked with my Office 365, Skype and emailing friends and family with that.

I set this up at the Microsoft store while purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro. They wanted a Microsoft account and I didn't have one so they walked me through the set up.

While in Windows 8.1 it has "Games" section and asked for my Gamer Tag, I can't use my GTmail because it is all signed with MSmail and doesn't provide the option to switch to GTmail.

Unless I run Local Login, which I don't want since my MSmail will unsync from OneDrive and Skype services.

I have attempted to transfer GamerTag from GTmail to MSmail but no luck

I get Error 8016FE6D

I have spoke to Xbox Support over the phone, and Billing support over Chat and Phone.

I have been referred to Store, to one of the Microsoft Techncians (Apple's Genius equivalent), and they stated that they can't do anything in store, it has nothing to do with them.

Fun.

Any suggestions? Smiley Embarassed

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Xbox Gamer Tag Issue

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

I would have easily thought calling XBox or using their Live Chat would be the answer.

Have you tried Tweeting them?

RogersDarrell

RogersMoin

Hello, @ShakTiburon

I am not a gamer, but I can relate to my email experience with Windows 8.1. In an attempt to explore the built-in email client, I added my @outlook.com email and it was an unpleasant surprise for me.

My outlook account almost took over the PC, created the login with admin rights, sign up to skype etc. These changes make others in my family can't use the PC because it's totally personalised to me. I have to add another account with admin rights, but I ended up in removing my outlook email account.

I guess you may want to add another PC account to use your GTmail. Not sure if you can sign out from MSmail and sign up with GTmail when you are in same profile

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Hey thanks guys for responding,

I usually ask questions after exhausting regular things.

@RogersMoin - only way to run both email is Local profile, which would stop all microsoft account features - i.e sync onedrive and auto signin to skype and office 365
all pc settings will be local and won't sync with my Windows 8.1 tablet. 😕

edit:

@RogersDarrell - no, didn't try tweeting. Didn't know tweets will help. I assumed that channel isn't for troubleshooting. I would be most likely referred by Twitter to contact over the phone. no?

Guys, save me. please. o(T__T)o

RogersDarrell

I would hope they would assist via DM.

RogersDarrell

Definitely going to try that @RogersDarrell
x__x otherwise best option would be to ditch my old GamerTag
>__> I'm sad to lose it... *sigh*

Update:
Microsoft opened a ticket.
I called them yesterday about it, and no one knows what ticket I am referring to.
After multiple transfers. I get an agent who says "Its still pending".
Yay - Total of 7+hrs on this lol I feel like that GamerTag isn't coming home with me 😛

Not quite sure what Windows 8.1 or your PC has to do with it. If you log onto your XBox 360, put in your e-mail and your password, it should log you into your old gamertag without any problem.

I think much is just in confusion when setting up 8, etc.. as to who/what can be entered.

I have had a hotmail address, set up for ages with my 360.

When i got my first 8 machine, setting up the ms account, i used the SAME email, etc with that.  Already an MS account for the gamertag.. just upgraded it slightly.

Then allows any saved stuff like my CC to work the app store, etc.

With 10 installed, now installs the xbox stuff auto as its all connected

-__- I shouldn't have had two email
I is sad 😞

@lockdown2341 - The Windows 8.1 uses Microsoft account to integrate all services. My Gamertag is on another email address and I can't move it. It's a Microsoft account (and Microsoft Inc) issue. >__<
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation