cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the 2014/2015 World Juniors being held in Toronto & Montreal, is this where we end our gold medal drought?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

With our last gold medal coming in 2009 in Ottawa, ON, two silvers from 2010 and 2011 in Saskatoon/Regina, SK and Buffalo, NY respectively and a bronze in 2012’s Edmonton/Calgary, AB games is this the year we finally return to gold?

Given the history our track record for at least a medal finish is not too shabby when we play on our own soil.  What do you think? Are we feeling it in 2014/2105 as a nation?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: With the 2014/2015 World Juniors being held in Toronto & Montreal, is this where we end our

BillJ
I'm a trusted contributor

I think we have a great chance at Gold, no matter what the competition and in what games.

I also think our athletes would benefit from as much encouragement as possible so if Rogers could round up some cash and send all the Resident Experts to the games, that would help. Gotta think of the athletes, doncha know?

Cheers.  🙂

Re: With the 2014/2015 World Juniors being held in Toronto & Montreal, is this where we end our

RogersMargaret

LOL!  We'll see what we can do.  😉

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor

If you have the chance to go, do it.

Had tix for the '09 tourney, saw almost every game at the (then) SBP, including two of the greatest games I've everseen...the New Years game against the US, and the semifinal comeback versus the Russians.  Rarely have I heard that building as loid as it was both of those nights.

Lets hope TO and MO support the tourney....neither city has a good track record when it comes to anything that isn't professional....

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation