Windows 10 Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade

Privacy, The final frontier.
The whole EULA thing was a fun false panic.

Also @silentstorm88 WELCOME to the community :]
Rogers Employee silentstorm88
Rogers Employee

@ShakTiburon

I do not understand what you mean .....

"Privacy, The final frontier.
The whole EULA thing was a fun false panic."

Smiley Sad

Rogers Employee

Star trek reference - "Space; The Final Frontier."
As in an adventure of not knowing what's up ahead.,

The whole End-User License Agreement (EULA)? Blogs and New sites creating a consumer panic about how Microsoft can see all your files and can hand it over to authorities without your consent if authorities ask for it.
They misinterpret 1 line and took that line out of context. Making people feel uncomfortable about privacy.

but the truth was, Microsoft was speaking of the Cloud service (OneDrive), which EVERY company has, Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Amazon Cloud Drive AND Microsoft OneDrive.

They can access your files (not by a person but by a diagnostic tool) that validates and checks for any thing that is against policy, no copyright infringement (movies /music), no nudity of any kind (enforced after iCloud Celebrity hacks), no torrents / hack tool but they can't just hand it over to authorities. Only if they get a proper court order.

COMPLETE OFF TOPIC - I know...
Moving on... lol
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It took just under 2 hours i think for my upgrade?

Generally, no i dont really see any bugs.  (other than some things on my DOMAIN machine, which i think are that they are blocked when on a domain).

It works well.  Everything opens SMOOTH and FAST.  Even on that older machine.

The new start menu, is not QUITE windows xp/7 ish.. I tend to like it.. a good mix between 7 and 8.

As for the VPN.. it may only be specific ones that dont work?
I know my VPN to work, works just fine.

Rogers Employee

Still afraid to even have my main desk top upgraded.
I shall wait for "Service Pack 1" (they aren't calling it that) lol
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

I upgraded mine to WIN 10, I must admit I like it a lot ! and I do see an improvement in my PC 

Rogers Employee

I want ABSOLUTE perfect OS, that never needs upgrading and never needs new parts....
my wishes are 3 centuries early probably.... ah well lol

I really do like how it looks too!
I'm an Advisor

Hey @ShakTiburon,

Now that the November update is out (almost like a SP), what do you think of Windows 10? For me, the biggest new feature of that last update was they bought back the ability to have colour in your windows title bars...a small thing, but my eyes were bleeding staring into bright white everywhere, all the time! With more than a few windows open, you would sometimes forget which window was in the foreground/the active window because they all looked almost the same (background / inactive windows had grey text on the title bar instead of black). 

I am still loving it, even given some of the privacy implications of having Cortana turned on.