cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's a fan of WWE NXT?

ARoC2J
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I have been slowly getting into NXT from the WWE network.  Particularly since I saw Samoa Joe was there.  Watched some of the NXT takeover in London and was pretty impressed overall.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Who's a fan of WWE NXT?

RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@ARoC2J

That’s awesome Smiley Wink!

RogersSannecia

jimboden
I'm an advisor

@ARoC2J wrote:

I have been slowly getting into NXT from the WWE network.  Particularly since I saw Samoa Joe was there.  Watched some of the NXT takeover in London and was pretty impressed overall.

@ARoC2J

I'm a big WWE and NXT fan. I watched the London show in its entirety. Finn Balor's win over Samoa Joe for the NXT title was awesome. I think WWE's strategy to bring talent up through NXT makes good business sense. Paul Levesque's (AKA Triple H) leadership for this is first rate. There was an excellent 2 hour documentary about Paul's career on WWE Beyond the Ring recently and it was really interesting. I think the WWE made another good business decision by creating the WWE Network. They have expanded all over the world and I've lost track of how many countries they're in.

Have you watched any of the WWE Breaking Ground episodes? It's all about how would-be wrestlers try to break in to the wrestling business down in NXT. It's really interesting to see the regimen they are put through. The training is really demanding. A lot of them get injured and/or don't make the grade. Sometimes they take time off and come back again if it's OK with the NXT trainers.

@jimboden

I agree, they are doing a really good job with it.  It's interesting that they put people like Samoa Joe, Rhyno ect through NXT rather than the way they used to do it in just bringing them into WWE right away.  Also the way they bring NXT stars into the WWE main roster and they are impact players right away.   It gives cred to the NXT. 

I have personally really enjoyed a few of those shows on the WWE network, the Monday night wars are quite interesting.  The Rivalries show is also really interesting, I thought the one about Edge and Matt Hardy was very good, as well as the Rock and John Cena.   I have watched a little bit of Breaking Ground and agree what they have to go through shsows me I don't have a career as a wrestler anytime in my future 😉

NXT is good, although I seldom get the chance to watch it. Triple H does all the booking, compared to Vince who has the booking authority for RAW/Smackdown. You can see the difference very clearly between the main shows and NXT. And the difference isn't always for the better.

To Be honest, lately I have been finding NXT more entertaining than WWE.. very little seems to happen in WWE, they seem to have the same matches over and over..not much in the way of story lines..nothing exciting happens.. I miss the good ol attitude era when you never knew what was going to happen that night. Stone cold might blow up a bus, Mick Foley might make balloon animals for Mr McMahon who later will get hit with a bed pan.. or possibly one of the funniest ones I can remember was Stone Cold and Booker T in the supermarket..you just don't see that anymore

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ARoC2J

Honestly i have to agree with you. Raw and Smackdown aren't as fun to much anymore and gets really boring. Only what made it better was Roman Reigns winning the title on Raw and just a few other little things. They don't seem to care that ratings are falling it seems. Ratings jumped the roof when he won the title but went down again after. Watching them bully him and screw him over and everyone else isn't entertaining anymore.

The old school attitude era was 100% better and had more to watch.

ARoC2J
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Exactly, in the attitude era it seemed like nobody was unstoppable.   Now there isn't anyone who can compete with the corporation.  You saw a LITTLE bit with Daniel Bryan getting over, but even then the times he specifically got over on them was few and far between.  He'd win matches but not really get one up on Triple H or Stephanie.  I also don't like how the Wyatts win every single week, but then again, they are against the same people every single week too.  Hopefully they end up facing the League of Nations at least that should be interesting.

I agree that Raw and Smackdown are getting really boring. One thing I absolutely hate is that 2 wrestlers can't get in the ring without having an entourage outside who interfere all the time. Of course, as always, referees are looking the wrong way when interference takes place. Disqualifications for crap like that rarely happen any more. It's so ridiculous that multiple guys or gals can be in the ring at the same time during tag team matches without being disqualified. Of course, some matches are no holds barred, so there's no disqualifications, count outs, etc.

My biggest beef with WWE these days is the nonsense called the Authoriity. It's been going on for way too long. At least, they finally got rid of Kane and his director of operations gimmick, so he's back doing the occasional match. The gimmick about being The Undertaker's brother is back again too. They're no more related to each other than I am.

I also see that The Rock will be back for yet another appearance at Wrestlemania this year. I just love these guys who perform once a year. I wonder how much they get paid. The Undertaker is 56 years old, so I can understand him not being around much. Brock Lesnar certainly has a strange deal with WWE. He only shows up a few times a year.

Yes, the Authority are getting very old.  It's so rare anything bad happens to them other than the person they don't like winning something.   It was quite refreshing to see Roman Reigns go nuts and beat up Triple H, but it seems they didn't really go anywhere with that other than him just winning the belt the next night.

@ARoC2J

Roman Reigns has been a bit of fresh air. It will be interesting to see how long he can hold on to the WWE title. I saw one of his movies called Debug and told myself he should keep his wrestling day job. He comes from a long line of wrestlers, including many cousins such as Dwayne Johnston (The Rock) and the Uso brothers. His real name is Jason Momoa and he's involved in a lot of things outside of wrestling, including acting, directing, modeling, and producing.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @jimboden

His real name is Leati Joseph Anoaʻ. That guy u mentioned just looks like him. It's not him though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Reigns

@Meowmix

Yes, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. The 2 really do look alike.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation