cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWE Network in Japan

jimboden
I'm an advisor

On Saturday, July 4, at 5:30am EDT, the WWE Network is showing a 2 hour event from Japan. Several WWE stars will be there, including Brock Lesnar and the NXT champion, Kevin Owens. I'll be watching, but not live, so have set it up to record.Smiley Happy

28 REPLIES 28

Re: WWE Network in Japan

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
BAM. That's cool. Anyone else? I don't watch WWE much so that's why I ask. O_O

Looks like Dolph Ziggler and John Cena will be there, but not sure who else. There's also a few well-known Japanese wrestlers, but I'm not familiar with any of them. If you do a search on WWE Japan, there's a few articles about it.

Cool.
I like John Cena, his character is very fun to follow!

Japanese wrestlers? Can we garuntee a Sumo wrestler will be in it? WWE has a tendency of playing with "stereotypes" for American Entertainments lol

Wrestling is huge in Japan. There are a few Japanese wrestlers here, but mostly in NXT. Yeah, WWE has had its share of Sumo wrestlers in the past, but it's been a long time since they've done it.

In 1976, I remember when Muhammad Ali had a fight against Antonio Inoki, a very famous Japanese wrestler at the time. Here's a Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki#The_fight

o__o I did not know Muhammad Ali had Fought a Sumo Wrestler. cool 😄

Inoki was not a Sumo wrestler.

Oh, just japanese? o__o Sorry I miss understood.

I was trying to imagine Sumo vs M-Ali couldn't see that happening lol

I'm guessing any of the Sumo guys would have been too much for Ali. Sumos seem to devote their whole lives to the sport and take it very seriously.

The Japan event was kind of disappointing. The only real interesting match was the NXT champ Kevin Owens losing his title. The match that really surprised me was Brock Lesnar taking on Kofi Kingston. Give me a break. Talk about boring and the obvious outcome. Hint: the loser's initials were KK. Smiley Very Happy

I didn't get to watch any of it, not even clips -__-"
I was complete swarmed with school work and work...
but hey glad you enjoyed it!
Any good matches coming up in the WWE world?

SummerSlam is coming up on Aug. 23. It's usually a pretty good event.

Ooo. Maybe I'll see if my brother wants to watch it with me.
I wonder when the next event is going to be for toronto? Should check their website out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jimboden & @ShakTiburon

Well we know the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar are fighting so that match will beat any match I have seen thus far I am sure lol.

I take the nights off from work during the PPV lol

Yay Undertaker!

I've always loved the Undertaker, but his act hasn't been the same since Paul Bearer died 2 years ago. I thought he had "retired" because he rarely makes an appearance. Just checked some statistics and see that he has been on a continuous contract with the WWE since 1990, which is longer than any other wrestler. He's also 50 years old, which is getting past it for that business, so I can understand why he rarely makes an appearance. I'd like to see the WWE use him in some other capacity. I'd love to see a WWE Network podcast featuring him sometime.

I just recently got into Podcast (audio only - Tech news), so WWE podcast would be nice to listen/watch. o__o is it readily available? any fees for it? (are all podcasts free? I haven't seen a paid podcast yet, but just asking)

Edit: Also, WWE Live Sept 25 is in Toronto right? I was thinking of getting tickets and treating my big bro - Since he and I have never been to the live event. ^__^ 

I have no idea how to search tickets, was checking it on my phone... maybe i'll look it up online on my PC now. haha

The WWE Network podcasts are on the TV channel here, which is 512. I assume they also stream them for other devices. I don't know if they have an audio-only version. Stone Cold Steve Austin and Chris Jericho have hosted the few that I have seen. They are really excellent no-holds-barred interviews. The ones I've seen so far were with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Paul Heyman, Triple H (Paul Levesque), and John Cena.

Yes, it appears there's an event in Toronto at Ricoh Coliseum on Sept. 25. Ticket details here: http://www.box-officetickets.com/Events/Wrestling-Tickets/WWE-Live-2015-09-25-19-30-00?&mkwid=sfMoHR...

I have never been, I wonder if its worth spending money to see it live?
what do you think?

My answer would be live, as long as the ticket price isn't outrageous. Back in the 1970's, I used to go to wrestling matches at Maple Leaf Gardens on Sunday nights. It's a much better experience when you're there in person. I guess you could say the same about going to a live sporting event, like baseball, football, etc.

Touché - Would be cool 🙂
As long as the cost is reaosnable, I'll go hehe.

Not sure if WWE does their own podcasts, but Steve Austin and Chris Jericho host their own podcasts at a site called Podcast One. The ones you may have seen on the WWE Network were the special video podcasts they sometimes do. I would definately check out Austins podcast as it's a great listen. I haven't listened to Jerichos but I hear it's great. Jim Ross and Ric Flair also have their own podcasts as well.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation