Service Interruptions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Service Interruptions

This morning around 9 a.m. Rogers Cable was out after a severe overnight storm in the Woodstock area. It came back on shortly afterwards.

I received 2 emails from Rogers.

1. with a 9:04a.m. time stamp,

Important message.
Some customers are experiencing a disruption to their TV, Internet and/or Home/Business Phone service in your area. Our technicians are working to restore service; most service outages are resolved within 4 hours. Visit here to stay informed on this outage (while the outage is on-going). We’ll provide another update when service resumes.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

2. another one with a 9:26 a.m. time stamp,

Important message.
Rogers services in your area are back up and running. Once again, we are very sorry for the service interruption and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

When I clicked the "visit here" link in the first email and signed in, this is the screen I got,

interruption.jpg

Why do I not have access?

Furthermore, when I go to the Service Interruptions Forum, I see nothing about this. All the posts are blank. How does that forum work anyway?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Service Interruptions

Hey @OLDYELLR,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The email you received should've been automatically sent outside of the Community and the URL seems to be broken.  Are you able to provide the URL here with us, or PM it to me? I can contact the Service Interruptions team to get it fixed up.

Thanks!

RogersRoland

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, those emails have nothing to do with Community Forums, but something I received from rogers@rogers.com. The URL for the "visit here" link is "http://roge.rs/2DtiLo0" and it gives me that access denied screen. But that's after service was restored, so maybe it's onlt valid while service is down.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @OLDYELLR,

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. There seemed to be an issue with the redirect link within the bitly link which led our customers to a different page. This is being worked on and a change to the link should be in effect soon.

+1 for the Community!

RogersRoland

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 in conversation