Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

All regular purchases (like your Shaw payments) are eligible, however, the amount of "reward" depends on the type of purchase and the Card used. See the rewards outlined in the following link. They vary from 1.25% to 4% on foreign purchases on the Elite Card.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

If you click on the "legal disclaimers" on the bottom of the page, it lists the ineligible items

Droid1963
I've Been Around

This link is dead, can you please update it? And is there a list of “eligible” retailers?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Droid1963 : The link in post 21 works just fine for me.  Once you click on the legal disclaimers at the bottom of the page you will be presented with a list of things not eligible. Everything else (purchase-wise), should be eligible. The list would be too long.

If the link doesn't work for you, see the following tips for getting things working properly on your browser:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

The amount of rewards has changed per the link in post 21 since that post is 1.5 years old.

suew3026
I'm Here A Lot

I have always used my rewards once per year to paydown my account balance. I had to call before the end of November and the credit was made in January. Do i still have to do it this way? The new phone app doesn't seem to allow me to apply points against the overall balance.

Tony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the post regarding an annual statement credit:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Rogersbank-Mastercard-Pay-with-Rewards-Eligib...

For the app, you may be able to simply use the points against a number of eligible purchases if you have enough of them to cover your current rewards balance.  I assume you'd do one at a time.  Since the app came out, I simply do the rewards credit once a month, assuming I have the minimum $20.

suew3026
I'm Here A Lot

I just called customer sevice and I think the information given in the reply you quoted of 27 June 2016 is now out of date. I was told that you can apply by phone to credit your total points against your balance anytime you like, not just by calling before 1st December. In fact the CSR did mine immediately. He also told me that I can do the same thing using the new app but I still cannot see a way of doing this. The app only seems to let you apply points against actual purchases. 

I prefer to do an annual credit against the total account so that my wife and i who have separate cards can split the credit according to our individual annual purchases.

Tony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad you got it done and thanks for the update on policy.  I just got an e-mail from Rogers MC today and they have lowered the rewards limit to $10 from $20.

Start enjoying more variety and flexibility with your cash back rewards. With redemptions now starting at just $10, you have even more choice - so there's no reason to wait!