cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers bank and Samsung pay

shagkie
I've been here awhile
Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Hi Community!

We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for mobile wallets. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, at this time, we do not support mobile wallets. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. Having said that, we are keeping track of every customer who asks about it and as demand grows, we will definitely look at offering this service.

Thank you for weighing in with your opinion.

RogersZia

This while thread as well as the Apple pay thread are filled with people requesting. As with many things, many want and make decisions without voicing up and rather just move to options that already meet their needs. I would use these requests and add a multiplier onto it to even come close to others who probably want mobile wallet support. For me seeing the same response year after year over and over leads me to believe that customers aren't being listened to if you're expecting some sort of land slide of requests. I'm about ready to jump onto other world elites cards such as Canadian Tire, tangerine, simplii etc.

Yefrohundo84
I've been here awhile
I find it very hard to beleive that in 2020, few people are asking for this feature as you claim. Just look at this thread. I am also fairly certain that people have called in to ask about this as well. Seems like a convienient excuse not to offer this feature. The longer Rogers Bank goes on without offering this feature, the more people will switch credit cards or simply use their Rogers credit card less frequently.

Just so you know, you are losing business due to your lack of service. VISA works perfectly well with Samsung Pay and they are the ones getting my business when I leave your card at home in my wallet which I seldom need to carry. You are losing far more business than you realize. Mobile payment is the future. Get with the times. It doesn't effect the other major credit cards. No reason to it to affect this one. The times they are a changing, Rogers MC needs to change with them. 

joelgilani
I've been here awhile
I've personally gotten tired of hearing the stale excuse that customers just aren't interested. They say Ruby has been keeping track of who is interested but Rogers can say whatever they want about that statistic. Hence, to democratize that information a little and keep track of demand I've started a little change.org petition.

Please sign/share if you feel this is helpful:

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-bank-mobile-payment-support-for-rogers-bank-credit-cards

http://chng.it/cDNjJyCc

Hey everyone!

We understand the desire for our Rogers Bank customers to make payments using mobile wallets such as Samsung Pay. We are actively working on bringing these platforms to our customers and expect to have news later this year.

Stay tuned for more info!

RogersMaude

Looking forward to the follow through, Maude. Happy to see Roger's finally listen!

Switched to Tangerine World Mastercard; better cash back and on Samsung Pay.

Most users want this. I'll be cancelling my card if I can't get this feature. It provides an additional layer of security especially when travelling that is almost necessary.

nick73
I've been here awhile
Also waiting for Google or Samsung Pay, I simply havent used this card since last fall when I realized how convenient this is using this with the credit card from my bank, wiah I could do the aame with my Rogers card 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I received the following in a Rogers MC e-mail this morning:

We’re working on some exciting changes behind the scenes to support making purchases with a mobile wallet, including: Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google PayTM. More information coming soon!

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor
Yes, I saw that too!

Wondering if we know any more on when "coming soon" will be?

skyliner
I've been around

any update?

vnk
I plan to stick around

Dream on:-)
This tread started over a year ago and still no results.
Rogers are not too fast, why?
Do you think they care a lot about OUR convenience? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are 4 ads on the Rogers Bank MC main landing page and one of them is for Mobile Wallet for Apple, Google & Samsung. I'm guessing it won't be long now...

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Got the following e-mail this morning:

Everything you love about your Rogers Bank Mastercard®, now on the devices you use every day.
You can use your mobile devices to pay with your Rogers Bank Mastercard at millions of places worldwide.
When you pay with your mobile wallet, you’ll earn all the same cash back rewards you get when you use your card today.
Now available for Apple Pay®, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay®.

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/mobile_wallet

Also:

Coming Soon:
Access your Rogers Bank Mastercard account with the new Rogers Bank mobile app. Manage your cash back rewards and redemptions, view your account information, and much more. Keep an eye out for the official launch announcement later this summer!

pnr76
I've been here awhile

Did anybody get a verification code by email to add Rogers Mastercard to Google Pay?  I don't get emails with the code from Rogers bank even though my email address displayed in Google Pay app on my Android phone is correct.

UPD: I finally got the verification email from Rogers Bank after I updated the credit card details at https://pay.google.com/

Black5ive
I've been here awhile

I set up Google Pay and Samsung Pay without issue earlier today. I haven't paid for anything yet but it looks like it's good to go. Not to sound ungrateful, but it took long enough.

I didn't do it from an email code. I got the email after I'd already set it up based on an earlier post to this forum. I set it up from the apps on my phone. Google Pay was the easiest because my Rogers Mastercard is what I use in the Google Store. 

vnk
I plan to stick around

For me took a little time till I  got verification over email.
Did not use the app yet, but got confirmation, that card is activated on SamsungPay

nickthaskater
I'm here a lot

Well, it took too long, but I'm glad it's here. It'll be a nice backup to the other card I got in the meantime.

Also, I just got this email from Rogers:

Due to the recent announcement of mobile wallets, we are experiencing a high number of mobile wallet activation requests. 

But wait, I thought Rogers Bank customers didn't want mobile payments? Quote:

So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. 

Hahahahaha.

Black5ive
I've been here awhile
UPDATE: Used it at Wendy's last night. No problem.
Topic Stats