Rogers bank and Samsung pay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

I just tried to set my card up with Google Pay. I'm disappointed this doesn't work. I was hoping this could my only card. This is something I would switch cards over.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just installed Google Pay on my android so I could begin only pulling out my phone when making an in-store purchase. As it is I have found it awkward and annoying to first pull out my phone to have it scanned for my royalty card and then reach for my credit card for payment.  I was extremely disappointed in finding out that Rogers Mastercard is not supporting this mobile payment option.  If Rogers does not add this feature very soon, I may consider switching to a credit card that does offer this service although I would prefer to keep my Rogers card.

Highlighted

Hi Community!

We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for mobile wallets. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, at this time, we do not support mobile wallets. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. Having said that, we are keeping track of every customer who asks about it and as demand grows, we will definitely look at offering this service.

Thank you for weighing in with your opinion.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This while thread as well as the Apple pay thread are filled with people requesting. As with many things, many want and make decisions without voicing up and rather just move to options that already meet their needs. I would use these requests and add a multiplier onto it to even come close to others who probably want mobile wallet support. For me seeing the same response year after year over and over leads me to believe that customers aren't being listened to if you're expecting some sort of land slide of requests. I'm about ready to jump onto other world elites cards such as Canadian Tire, tangerine, simplii etc.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I find it very hard to beleive that in 2020, few people are asking for this feature as you claim. Just look at this thread. I am also fairly certain that people have called in to ask about this as well. Seems like a convienient excuse not to offer this feature. The longer Rogers Bank goes on without offering this feature, the more people will switch credit cards or simply use their Rogers credit card less frequently.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just so you know, you are losing business due to your lack of service. VISA works perfectly well with Samsung Pay and they are the ones getting my business when I leave your card at home in my wallet which I seldom need to carry. You are losing far more business than you realize. Mobile payment is the future. Get with the times. It doesn't effect the other major credit cards. No reason to it to affect this one. The times they are a changing, Rogers MC needs to change with them. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've personally gotten tired of hearing the stale excuse that customers just aren't interested. They say Ruby has been keeping track of who is interested but Rogers can say whatever they want about that statistic. Hence, to democratize that information a little and keep track of demand I've started a little change.org petition.

Please sign/share if you feel this is helpful:

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-bank-mobile-payment-support-for-rogers-bank-credit-cards

http://chng.it/cDNjJyCc
Highlighted

Hey everyone!

We understand the desire for our Rogers Bank customers to make payments using mobile wallets such as Samsung Pay. We are actively working on bringing these platforms to our customers and expect to have news later this year.

Stay tuned for more info!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Looking forward to the follow through, Maude. Happy to see Roger's finally listen!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Switched to Tangerine World Mastercard; better cash back and on Samsung Pay.