Rogers MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers MasterCard

Yes, I'm wondering if it would work the same way, but I would like someone to confirm that before I go ahead and get the credit card.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I logged into my Rogers MasterCard today and noticed some quite significant changes to the cash back rewards.  I was wondering when this would happen and by how much. Not pleased, but not unexpected either.

March 30, 2018

Important information about changes to your Rogers Platinum Mastercard. 

Effective May 23, 2018, the following changes will be applicable to your Rogers Platinum Mastercard: 

• Earn 3% unlimited cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in a foreign currency (previously 4%). 

• Earn 2% unlimited cash back rewards on RogersTM products and services charged to your card including your Rogers, FidoTM or chatrTM monthly bill (previously 1.75%). 

• Earn 1.25% unlimited cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases (previously 1.75%). 

You will retain the full value of your cash back rewards balance earned prior to May 23, 2018. 

Additionally, effective March 13, 2018: 

• We have eliminated the Annual Fee on the Rogers Platinum Mastercard. If you have paid an Annual Fee over the last year, a prorated credit of the difference will be applied to your Account by December 31, 2018. 

For complete details on the Rogers Platinum Mastercard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and the Disclosure Summary for the Rogers Platinum Mastercard, please visit rogersbank.com/legal. 

Usage of this card after May 23, 2018 will constitute acceptance of the rewards changes described above, and the changes will automatically take effect. If you wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify your Rogers Platinum Mastercard account, we can be reached at rogersbank.com/contact.

Hey @57,

I logged into my Rogers MasterCard today and noticed some quite significant changes to the cash back rewards.  I was wondering when this would happen and by how much. Not pleased, but not unexpected either.

The changes will start to take effect May 23rd. The prorated credit will be based on the $29 Annual fee. Were you referring to something specific in your question?

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersZia :  I was not asking any questions in my earlier post, but I can see how my comment "I was wondering..." could be misconstrued as a question.

The "I was wondering..." was simply a comment (no question mark) that I knew the rebates were very good and I knew (long ago) that eventually the rebate amounts would be reduced, like they are with many credit cards after a period of time...  I hope that is clear(er).

For this reason, it's often advantageous to get in "on the ground floor" when cards like this are first introduced, because after a period of time the "promotional rate" will be reduced.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As indicated in post 12 of this thread, the rebate percentages on Rogers Platinum MC went down on May 23, 2018.

Interestingly, Rogers have introduced a new card called "Rogers World Elite MasterCard". 

https://www.rogersbank.com/en/rogers...ercard_details

This card brings the two major benefits* back to where they were:

- 4% unlimited cash back rewards on all eligible purchases made in a foreign currency*
- 2% unlimited cash back rewards on Rogers™ products and services charged to your card
- 1.75% cash back rewards on all other eligible purchases*

Plus "Insurance Benefits" at no cost:

- Enjoy insurance benefits at no extra cost, including: Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection, Rental Car Collision/Damage, Out-of-Province/Out-of-Country Emergency Medical, Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation.

I've ordered mine today. There are certain restrictions which are:

- Personal income of at least $80k
- or household income of at least $150k
- or spend $25k on Rogers MasterCard (per year) (We're retired and travel a lot, so this one made us eligible)

If you currently have a Rogers MC, you should call instead of applying online.