Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers MasterCard, New Online Banking

Policy at my company is that a receipt showing foreign currency needs to be backed up by either a redacted credit card statement or print out from a credit card website showing the Canadian and foreign currency amount.

I guess the theory is that I could buy two items example: 5000 USD and 100 USD from a company in one transaction and ask for the receipts to be split. I would submit the 5000 USD receipt and my credit card statement showing ~7000 CAD and claim the exchange rate was 1.4 on a 5000 USD purchase when it actually was 1.37 on a 5100 USD purchase.

So yeah... now I need to wait until the end of the month to get reimbursed.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Kmo12345 wrote:

So yeah... now I need to wait until the end of the month to get reimbursed.

So I would presume that would be the following billing cycle and you're getting no interest on the money you spent? That sucks.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

So just when I thought this situation couldn't get any worse... 

The new CSV download "feature" exports transactions with incorrect CAD to USD amounts from what actually ends up on the website and on the statement. It also seems like it exports credit card authorizations and rental car holds.

With the old CSV export, any pending transactions wouldn't appear in the CSV export until they actually went through. Authorizations and holds would stay pending until they disappeared and therefore never show up on the CSV.

At the end of this month, my Excel spreadsheet that I was putting the CSV data into, showed an extra $1000 or so in charges. There were also two extra charges in the CSV data that didn't appear on the statement. Additionally, most (but not all) of the USD to CAD conversions from the CSV data were wrong.

What a nightmare. I would not recommend this card to anyone at this point in time. A credit card website which can't be trusted to export accurate data is completely unacceptable.

Hello @Kmo12345,

Thank you for sharing this information with us, we appreciate it! 😊

So far, we haven't been alerted to any known issues relating to discrepancies in the USD to CAD conversions, or with the final transaction amounts not corresponding with the monthly statements. Not to say that it isn't an issue, but we would need to get this investigated further to see what's really going on.

If possible, I would recommend reaching out directly to the Rogers Bank Customer Care team. The number should be located on the reverse of your Rogers Mastercard (1-855-775-2265), and they are available to assist 24/7. 

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersLaura  I believe you misread the problem. The problem concerns the fact that the new CSV file exports pending transactions, which always have incorrect foreign exchange conversions.  It's not until the pending transaction is "confirmed" that it gets the correct conversion, etc.   This usually happens a few days later.

As mentioned, sometimes pending transactions are also "authorization amounts" as you would see at check-in for a hotel or car rental. The "correct" transaction would then follow later and the pending transaction would be "deleted" from the (final) transactions. 

The issue is that the CSV now includes these pending transactions, which it should not.

It has nothing to do with final transactions being different from the statement amounts.

I agree that the best thing for @Kmo12345 , is to contact Rogers Bank. I usually prefer to do this in writing, so I would use the "Send a Message" option, but calling may also work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every month I get an e-mail when my statement is ready. This month I didn't.  I have sent them a message.

If you are used to getting a statement at a certain time of the month, make sure you check for it.  Also, Rogers Bank now have all kinds of alerts available if you like to make use of such things, however, the statement option is not listed under "alerts" that I could see.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Every month I get an e-mail when my statement is ready. This month I didn't.  I have sent them a message.

I got a response to my message that they had sent me an e-mail on February 9th (which doesn't make sense since my statement date is February 6th). I looked in all the possible places for it, (Spam folders on Outlook and Webmail, trash in Outlook and Webmail, inboxes, etc).  It wasn't there. I do receive other e-mail notices from Rogers Bank, like when I got responses to my various messages, so they have my e-mail address correct and most other things work   I hope I see one (statement ready e-mail) next month.  Perhaps this was just a one time glitch.  Has anyone else encountered this?

I've Been Here Awhile

@57 is absolutely correct. The new export transaction feature exports all pending transactions such as authorization amounts and all foreign transactions but with incorrect exchange rates. The old export feature did not, so you could trust that anything that was exported was actually a valid transaction.

I have contacted Rogers Bank numerous times both by phone and using the new messaging system.

This is basically the standard reply I get:

Thank you for contacting Rogers bank. Thank you for the feedback, we will forward this as we are continually working to improve the new website. Please do not hesitate to contact us or customer service for further assistance at 1-855-775-2265.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 10 in conversation