cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid SIM - International Travel

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Just back from a couple of months in Europe.   

Used a paygo SIM card.  Ten Euros a month for 40gb of data, unlimited talk and text within the EU, UK and get this, the US!

Balances were available on line and on the phone app.  No stigma because I was paygo.   

The guy in the phone store went through three different companies paygo plans and decided on which one worked out best for me.   I could have paid less 8.90 euro, if I purchased a plan!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prepaid SIM - International Travel

LuigiA
I've been around
Did u do this at a rogers store or in europe?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersZia

Welcome back @fiona59! I hope you had a great trip! I would love to spend a couple of months in Europe too :). Thanks for sharing your wireless and roaming experience with the Community. I am sure our users appreciate the insight!

RogersZia

marlenefogel
I've been here awhile

@fiona59 

I am going to Croatia, Germany and Montenegro. Did you get the SIM card while traveling???? Please be more detailed. Thanks

fiona59
I plan to stick around

I bought it at a phone store, told the staff how long I was going to be in the EU, what I needed, they hooked me up with the best value plan.

Basically, you can even buy SIMs from airport vending machines but there are phone stores all over the place.  There are some companies who will send you a SIM card to your hotel and then you can activate it on line.  Lobster is Gibralter and is English language oriented.   

Do you have family anywhere you are going?   They would be the best place to ask advice.

I only used half the data and the phone a couple of times but for less than $16 it was worth it.

I used Mobil, if I recall rightly.  Their webpages translated to English on my phone

marlenefogel
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the quick reply.  My friend will get the sim card  in Europe and I am going to try and e-sim card for Europe.  It has been an interesting investigation.  It is quite a bit cheaper than the $300 for Rogers for a month.  Have a good evening.

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Yup, much cheaper.   We're not big cell phone users, wanted the data pack more for being out and about and maps/directions/transport timetables.  Think we made maybe two calls, the rest was via whatsapp.  A lot of businesses even give you the whatsapp info to contact them.

Enjoy your travels

LuigiA
I've been around
Did u do this at a rogers store or in europe?

fiona59
I plan to stick around

Europe.   Ask a relative who their provider is.   Visit any phone store.   Some airports sell SIM cards in vending machines.  Less than ten euro will give you 28 days of service

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation