No longer able to stream CNN App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: No longer able to stream CNN App?

I have not heard back after sending my PM.  I already am subscribed to the CNN channel so can watch it on TV via the set top box or also by using the RogersAnyPlace TV app but I wish to watch CNN on my firetvstick connected to a TV when travelling.    The last Rogers tech I chatted with informed me that it was not a Rogers issue because I was able to watch CNN content on the RogersAnyPlaceTV app and that the issue was with the CNN GO app.  I disagree with this 100%. 

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out @awalters! We got your message and we'll continue to assist you privately

Good day @pindgar1, we could not locate any private message you would have send our way. Are you sure you sent it to @CommunityHelps?

Did you contact Rogers via another platform?  We just want to make sure you're getting the help you need.

Looking forward to hearing back from you both!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

RogersTony resolved my issue and quite quickly. This was a weird one.  I was able to view CNN on via the set-top box and RogersAnyPlaceTV on channel 33 but was not able to access live content on the CNN GO site or app.  The problem ended up being that I was really not supposed to be getting CNN at all as it was not actually included in my package. The fix was to change the bonus channel in my package from T-E (which I never watched) to CNN (i.e. no cost change). Now I am able to stream live CNN feeds once again via the CNN GO app.  Obviously somewhere along the line my cable package lineup was changed inadvertently. 

I was very happy with the service I received via this forum in stark contrast to the many, many hours I spent on Rogers Chat service with techs to try and resolve this problem.  On one call after about two hours the tech informed me the problem was with the CNN GO site/app and that is was not a Rogers issue.  I strongly disagreed and asked to be transferred to a manager and was informed by the tech that transfers to a manager could not be performed via chat and that I would have to call them on the phone----grrrrrr!  They also said they would have engineering look into the problem and I would be contacted within 24-48 hours with an update, which never happened.  I will be bring all my future Rogers issues to this forum as my first point of technical support contact.

Cheers!