Netflix

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Netflix

I am guessing you are talking about the new package thing that they are advertising on the TV, etc right now?

Why does it show up on your bill as a charge/credit?
Because the promo for it free is only for a year.  If you dont cancel it after the year, they will start charging you for it.

As then how to access it?  Right now, with any of the regular rogers boxes, there is not any way to.
I beleive the 4k box, will have access to it eventually? (it was planned, dont think its implemented yet?)
Otherwise, would be your normal methods of connecting to it... via other streaming devices, etc.
(as to WHAT the login info is for it.. that i dont know.. would have to talk to rogers directly)

I'm a Senior Advisor

One other factor to think about, is that the Netflix offer has some pretty demanding requirements related to bundling, and adding additional services

"Offer ends September 30, 2016. Twelve (12) months of Netflix four (4) screen Premium streaming plan ($143.88 value) available to new customers signing up for one or more services such that combined services include TV, Internet, Home Phone, and 2-yr Share Everything wireless plan. Existing customers with TV, Internet, Home Phone, and Share Everything wireless plan that activate an additional 2-yr Share Everything wireless line (excludes tablet/data only or wireless home phone lines) also eligible."

Think carefully whether you want all of those services, plus an additional share everything wireless line if you are an existing customer, and also keep in mind, there is a lot of upheaval in what services and offerings may look like in the next 2 years.

Do you really want to lock into the current service model being offered, and adding another line (what if you have no reason for an additional line and already have all the other stuff, you can't get the deal?) just to save $143.88 plus taxes rather than getting it directly from Netflix.  And if you don't have a 4K box and tv, you won't be getting anything that you can't get on another lower plan from them, except for additional concurrent devices.

Just a suggestion from someone who always makes his decisions as a family on what services we need based upon the true value to us.  In our case, that $149.00 savings in a year would result in a massive increase in the costs to my monthly services for two years.

Just my two cents on it - also remember, unless they have changed the offering, you have to do it by end of September, and finalizing the registration with Netflix by end of October.

But if you really do want all those services, plus the hardware required to make it all work, then definitely it will save you money for one year. To each their own.

Bruce

I've Been Around

We have T.V.--INTERNET---PHONE--as a package!!Very satisfied!!! We would like to add netflix. That is all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With some new customer signups, there is promos for FREE netflix.
(Free as in no montly fees)

But otherwise, its just up to you then to sign up for netflix individually.

Regardless of which method you got your netflix from, it all still works the same. 
It will all use up internet usage of your montly allotment.

I'm a Frequent Visitor

There is no reason that Rogers cannot include it as Valdes they just don't I have just switched to Rogers and I'm finding a few shortcomings in the comparison This is one and that stands out.
I'm a Senior Advisor

They can provide Netflix as a free add-on, but it is merely like adding Spotify, you are a customer of Netflix, or Spotify, and Rogers is covering the cost of those services for some term and conditions of your bundled services.

They are not able to currently provide it on their set top boxes as it is different technology than the other guys.

So, the limited provision was an add-on to encourage some to take on more services, or move to Rogers.

So yes, they can provide the service to Rogers customers, and have done so in the past, but it is not a permanent part of their product mix.  Maybe once IPTV comes, they will add ability to run it, but even with the other guys, if I recall, you are still a customer of Netflix, receiving it on their box, just like I receive it on my Blu-Ray player along with multiple other services, some free, some paid.

Bruce

I'm a Frequent Visitor

I understand that the other guys only offer you access to it and I still remain a customer of Netflix it would just be handy if Rogers did the same instead of me having to hook up the Blu-ray or my computer to look through Netflix when I'm already scanning through Rogers to choose something to watch. My suggestion was not that Rogers should cover the cost Netflix is a separate company but to be linked through the Rogers equipment is something I think a lot of your customers want which is why your largest competition has done so In fact the only reason I switched was to get the faster download and upload speeds the price after the first year will be no different than bell in fact it may be more expensive I find their format easier on their God I find the remote much more user friendly and their info button on programs lists a program description the year or date of the episode and often cast members All these features help me choose what I want to watch After my Rogers installation I wasn't left a single piece of paper with my account number my phone number or a how-to guide for the hand remote It was a little confusing in a bit of a letdown I'll give it a few months and see how it goes cheers
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As was mentioned above.. its not quite so easy to do, currently for Rogers.

Bell currently with Fibe, is a different type of TV than say Satalite or Cable.  
It is whats called IPTV.  The TV channels are actually sent as a internet stream across the net to your box.

Vs cable or Satalite, in which its a channel which is TUNED to.

Because the rogers boxes are not IPTV (yet.  Possibly starting next year).  They are unable to send a netflix, etc stream, which is internet based, across to the box.
The Fibe one, would allow it, as it just changes from where it is streaming the info from across the internet.

I'm a Frequent Visitor

Thanks for clarifying that but you did say that it used to be offered so I am still a little confused. Not the end of the world it was just really handy with Bill fibe. Cheers
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe he meant that it was offered as part of a package as compensation for something else that went away (Shomi).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shomi

It was not part of the functionality of any set top box though.