Netflix

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Netflix

How do i hook netflix up on my tv?  I have an older model tv and it is hooked up to a nextbox 3.0.

Any help is appreciated!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Netflix

I sure others will chime in here, but, you would need a home theatre pc, Wii, XBox(?), or maybe PS3/4 (?) that can be connected to your tv in some manner.  There are also DVD players and other devices on the market that can run Netflix as well  If the TV has limited inputs, you might need an input switch to switch between the nextbox and anything else that you install to run Netflix.  All of the items in the above list would need an internet connection, wired or wifi as well.

So, it would look like....

Internet Cable / Connection .....  Netflix host device...... video & audio cable ...... switch (secondary input)  ......  tv video & audio input

The primary switch input would be from the nextbox.

The "other devices" might include something like a roku box, and similar equipment.  Hopefully someone else can expand on those.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @ncamp,

All the devices @Datalink mentioned work with Netflix - the easiest way to view Netflix on your TV is to:

- Use a supported set-top device.  These include:

--> Game consoles: Nintendo Wii, Nintendo WiiU, Microsoft XBox 360, Microsoft XBox One, Sony PS3, Sony PS4.

--> Set-top boxes: Apple TV, roku.

--> Screencasting devices: Google Chromecast, Miracast, etc.

- Use a supported smart/connected TV that has the Netflix app.

- Use an Android phone / tablet / eReader connected to TV (using HDMI cable - LINK 1, LINK 2).

There are other devices that support Netflix, but the ones listed above are the most common. If you have an Android phone and a TV with HDMI, your least expensive option would be Google Chromecast.

Here is how you cast from your Android phone/tablet/eReader (Netflix app) to your Google Chromecast: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23924

I Plan to Stick Around

We have a year old Panasonic TV and a Panasonice DVD player.  Both have the Netflix App and wireless or wired ethernet connections.  We use the wireless network from the Rogers ZTE MF275R Rockethub. Our TV is a simple "smart" TV which works fine on its own for Netflix, YouTube and even browsing the internet. I think many(or most?) mainstream DVD players include the "smart" functions.

Although we could just connect directly to Netflix with the TV, we prefer to use the DVD player.  I have not tried other methods and don't have a wish for a game box, surfing via the TV, etc.

Using a DVD player with "smart" capability was the simplest and cheapest option for our needs because we needed a new DVD player anyhow. So it was essentially a "no cost" solution.

I've Been Around

Thank you for your reply!  Does the HDMI outlet on the back of the Nextbox 3 work though?  there is a sticker over it and I can't seem to find if it is actually active?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @ncamp,

The HDMI outlet on the back of the Nextbox 3 is for video output to a television.  When you get a device that has Netflix on it, you will need to connect it to your TV, either via HDMI or component (red/green/blue).

I've Been Around

Thank you!!
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

No problem! 

I've Been Around

i got netflix why just add to my bill and the the credit off my bill from netflix
I've Been Around

how do i get netflix hd for rogers