Looking for help with a song

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Frequent Visitor

Looking for help with a song

I hope somebody can help me out.  On Rogers channel 001, they have an ad for HBO Canada, which includes a song playing over it.  I can't figure out who it is and it's driving me nuts.  The voice sounds familiar, but I can figure out who it is.  I've Googled the lyrics, which repeatedly mention komodo dragons, with no luck.  Please help me hold on to my sanity.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Looking for help with a song

Good day @discipline76,

Thank you for your post!

I totally understand the feeling of enjoying glimpses of a song without being able to pinpoint the title or artist.

I am not sure of the ad you are referring to, but I made some researches based on the information you provided us above.

I am thinking that the song is Echelon (It's My Way), but I am still uncertain.

I also found two other songs that contain "Komodo Dragon" but they are most likely not the ones used in the commercial in question.

• Have you tried to "Shazam" it?

Simply download the app (if you don't already have it) and whenever the ad is on try to see if Shazam recognizes it!

Your last resort would be to get in touch with HBO Canada directly to see if they would have more information Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.  The song in that link is definitely not the song in question.  I guess I'll try and figure out the Shazam app you mentioned.  Cat Happy

Thanks,

-Me

I'm an Advisor

I have SoundHound on my iPhone. I'll check channel 1 today to see if that song is still playing. If so, I'll try to get SoundHound to clear up the mystery. SoundHound is an excellent piece of software. I got it a few years ago. At the time, it was free and had options which you pay for. I don't know if it's still a free download, though.

Update: Watched channel 1 for quite a long time, but did not see what you're looking for. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
I'm a Frequent Visitor

That would be wonderful.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

SoundHound (Infinity) is the version I have.
I found it more useful than Shazam. O_o
I haven't seen this add, but I definitely recommend using the app and let it listen to the music. 🙂
I'm a Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, they seem to have stopped playing the ad. Thanks to all for your help.
Rogers Employee

WE MUST HUNT THIS ADVERTISEMENT!
O__O"

I was wondering why you hadn't responded since you originally posted this question...

Can you tell me what the ad had in it?
I can search for all the HBO ads? (usually Youtube has all the ads for some reason uploaded, I usually do that to find the song on car commercials)
I'm a Frequent Visitor

The ad was for both Ballers and True Detective. I'm somewhat useless when it comes to using different apps to find things.
Rogers Employee

Well, I can always look for it. I'll see if i can find it. Worst case scenario,... I don't find anything and we are back where we started. So really no harm in trying 🙂