cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox News why not full HD?

Greesh
I'm Here A Lot

Seams to me that it is intentionally not in HD. CNN is in HD and way more pleasant to watch then SD programming. It’s highly likely another Liberal tactic to keep people focused Left.

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Fox News why not full HD?

Greesh
I'm Here A Lot
I’m sure that’s hardly the case. Fox News is the no.1 watched news network for almost 200 straight months in US. Shows like Hannity and Tucker Carlon are only behind ESPN in audience. So, sorry but the argument that Rogers is merely positioning the #1 news station hard to get and when you do buy it, it’s not in HD is not economically motivated, it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Greesh wrote:
...it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.

Yep, corporations are known to be left wing. 

So, what you're saying here is that access and quality (HD vs SD) for tv viewers in Canada should be determined solely by American numbers, and determined and controlled by corperations in the U.S.  I'm sure that there are a good number of Canadians who would disagree with you.  If you believe that Fox junk is so popular in Canada, where are the numbers to back that statement up?  As @57 indicated, if the demand isn't there, then broadcasting companies aren't going to waste the bandwidth on it.  That's basic economics at work.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@Greesh wrote:
...it’s politically motivated without a shred of doubt.

Yep, corporations are known to be left wing. 

No tongue-in-cheek smiley?  Not sure who mandates which news channels are to be carried by basic cable, but I would think bureaucracies like CRTC, not corporations.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Datalink wrote:

So, what you're saying here is that access and quality (HD vs SD) for tv viewers in Canada should be determined solely by American numbers, and determined and controlled by corperations in the U.S.  I'm sure that there are a good number of Canadians who would disagree with you.  If you believe that Fox junk is so popular in Canada, where are the numbers to back that statement up?  As @57 indicated, if the demand isn't there, then broadcasting companies aren't going to waste the bandwidth on it.  That's basic economics at work.  

With what is being spewed by CNN these days, why do we even have it on basic cable and in HD? I can't stand watching it anymore and I doubt many other Canadians do.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario