cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time Issue with calendar entries

microys
I've been here awhile

When people send me clanedar invites cerated in Outlook, and I open them in my email (Rogers email account), during daylight savings they always go in 1 hour ahead. Eg there is a meeting at 4pm and my Rogers calendar shows it as 5 pm.  It syncs with my iphone calendar and it also shows it as 5pm.

I don't think it is an iphone problem (my mobile is an iPhone) because it occurs even when I open the invites on my desktop work computer, a standard PC, ie non-Apple product.

Any assistance appreciated as I have missed a few meetings due to this problem.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Daylight Savings Time Issue with calendar entries

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @microys,

Welcome to the Community! 

This sounds like more an outlook settings related issue to me. Please try the steps in the link here on Microsoft's site to troubleshoot this issue and let us know how it goes :). 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

microys
I've been here awhile

You cannot turn off DST on Outlook 2010 - the suggestion you provide is for older versions of Outlook.

Regardless if I alter outlook then all my entries in Outlook would be wrong.

Currently all the entries in Outlook have the correct time - it is my calendar in my iphone which is wrong. Eg a mtg invite at 8am sent from Outlook 2010 shows correctly in my Outlook calendar at 8am but if I look on my iPhone/iPad calendar, they all show the mtg at 9am.

microys
I've been here awhile

I now think this is an iPhone/iPad/Apple issue as I just added an invite by accepting to my Rogers yahoo calender and when it syncs and I look at it on my iPhone, it shows at the correct time.

The issue seems to be when Outlook syncs with Apple calendar. Outlook books in ET (does not specify EST or EDT) and the Apple products probably think it is EST and converts to EDT. Will have to go talk to the Appple people! 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation