cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection issues

Notafan3
I've been here awhile

Hi there, 

About 5 years ago, while facing financial difficulties I missed my bill payments. Rogers then gave my account to a Collection agency and they called me and I made the payment to them. They then assured me that the payment is confirmed and they will update Rogers as well. No such thing happened and I am only now finding out that Rogers still expects a payment from me...After multiple calls to that collection agency and Rogers no one seems to understand that this is ruining my credit for years now. This was 5 years ago and I am still not sure what needs to be done for Rogers to be notified, I call and call Rogers and they keep telling me to call the collection agency. And when I call the collection agency they tell me to call Rogers, this is really stressful!  

someone help!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Collection issues

RogersTony

Hello, @Notafan3

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can only imagine how frustrating it has been to find out that your credit is still being affecting by something that should have been paid off years ago. 😞

You'll need to speak to our Credit Operations team. They are the only group that will be able to look into this for you to see what is going on and try to find a solution. Have you spoken to them yet or are they the ones that advised you to contact the collection agency?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Notafan3
I've been here awhile
Thank you so much for your kind response!

Yes I called them just this past Thursday and they are the ones who tell me I have to make a Payment or call the collection agency to fix this. And I told them I did and they can’t help, can I just send the payment confirmation and they say no it has to come from them. I have the copy of my payment to the collection agency, I just need someone to update my account.
As it’s showing there is a payment due this January 17 and that’s crazy since I made the payment. The payment amount is also a lot otherwise I don’t mind saving my credit record and paying it twice. I am looking into legal help options at this point
Please help me with this it has been 5 years.

Thanks so much

Hello again, @Notafan3

Thanks so much for confirming that for me. We'll need to take a look at your file to determine what steps to take next.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

RogersTony

usually if a collection agency has taken over an overdue bill, that collection agency now owns the debt and the original creditor (Rogers in this instance) has nothing more to do with the debt. So Rogers shouldn't have any more record of a debt on their end since they would have sold it to the collection agency. especially after 5 years they shouldn't have your debt on file any more, if it was sold to a collection agency.

the only way this would not be applicable as far as i know is if the collection agency is 'in house' and not a third party.

^^ just a bit of knowledge on how collection agencies work, alongside them being very shady organizations.

Princess_Peach
I plan to stick around

I could use some assistance from Rogers. I have spent hours on the phone with "credit operations", most on hold, and it's been an awful experience. Rogers messed up my credit too, but I was told it was their word against mine.  

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation