Best WWE Matches and Rivalries?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Best WWE Matches and Rivalries?

Yes, there is chatter about a possible match between Austin and Lesnar next year. Not sure if that makes any sense, though. Austin retired long ago because of injuries and he's way past his best before date. Lesnar, on the other hand, is still in his prime. Austin is doing "podcasts" on the WWE Network, which are really interesting. They are no holds barred interviews. He had one with Paul Heyman last week, which was really interesting. I love Paul Heyman's character. In real life, he's a nice guy, of course. Chris Jericho has also done a couple of podcasts.

Batista (real name Dave Bautista), is doing the occasional movie, much like Austin and Johnson. There's a rumour he may return to the WWE, but only for non-televised events. I've never understood why older guys like him keep coming and going from the wrestling business. He's 46, well past his prime. They must get paid pretty well, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

I have mixed feelings about Kevin Owens but, at least, he's Canadian content. He's a bit of a throw back to the days when villains were really nasty. It will be interesting to see how his character develops and if he remains in the WWE. John Cena is the proverbial good guy, but I got bored with him long ago. As for Kane, the same thing applies for me. All the BS about being the director of operations and the whole authority gimmick has gone on for way too long. Whatever happened to the days when wrestlers had matches without outside interference and other gimmicks? The gimmick of Seth Rollins and J&J security is really tiresome. The 2 so-called security guys are WWE employees, of course. I think the bald guy is responsible for the WWE's talent development.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Best WWE Matches and Rivalries?

I've been a fan of the WWE since the early '90s. So many matches and so many rivalries. Not sure where to begin....

Well, you can't talk about rivalries and not talk about Austin vs. McMahon. It was the primary thing that made RAW worth watching for a good year and a half. The best match to come out of that was Austin vs. McMahon in the steel cage at In Your House: Saint Valentines Day Masscare back in 1999. Give the man grief all you want, but you watch some of the stuff McMahon does in the ring and some of the bumps that he takes, and it's crazy.

That was also the match where the Big Show made his debut, just as an aside.

On the topic of McMahon, his match with Hulk Hogan back at Wrestlemania 19 is one of my all time favorites. From seeing Vince do a leg drop off a damned ladder through an announce table, to a run in by the late great Roddy Piper [#RIPRoddyPiper] it was a lot of fun to watch.

Undertaker has a lot of good matches as well. His matches with Austin, HBK, Triple H, Angle, Foley, etcetera. Most of what the man has done is a classic match worth watching. I can't think of much else right now.