cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anime conventions + random conversation about conventions in general.

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Does anyone go to Anime conventions?

And if so, any one Cosplays? eh eh? 😄

I have an old pic lying around... I'll post it but I am embarassed 😞

Topic created cause Anime North is this weekend (Friday 22nd - Sunday 24th) at Toronto Congress Center in Toronto (which is really north etobicoke; and before anyone says it, yes I also know their staff are all volunteers who are rude to anything that moves, breathes or asks them a question lol)

Also, I have NEVER been to FanXpo... o__O am i missing out? I am aren't i?

52 REPLIES 52

Re: Anime conventions + random conversation about conventions in general.

There's a really good convention that occurs in Halifax every year called Hal-Con. It's a mixture of everything really; anime, tabletop gaming, video games, comics, sci-fi, fantasy, etcetera. It's been going on for the last five years and keeps getting larger. Highly recommend attending if you can. There is also a new one starting this year here in Cape Breton called Caper-Con. It should be good; hopefully.

To list a few good animes to watch; Death Note, Attack on Titan, Hellsing, Full Metal Alchemist, Slayers, and Trigun.

I live in GTA, so we have Anime North here, and some other cons.
Actually, I don't even know what Cons run here as much, I just hear from my best friend that there is one here and one there and so on... she is a vendor and sets up shop (Heavily kawaii girl fyi)

Anime North is probably the bigest in the GTA.. there are a few others, i think out by hamilton, etc.
Fan Expo, usually has a ton of stuff too.

Been years since i have gone to AN though.

After getting married, a kid, etc.. no $$ for the stuff like that 😛
I would spend WAAAAY to much.

Went to fan expo last year.. had to hold myself back from spending too much money 😛
(did get to meet mike mignolga, creator of hellboy though)

Oh very nice.
Fan Expo isn't big here as it is in USA. Everything is better in USA (Except economy trolololo)
Yeah I stopped spending money, not because it wasn't tempting. I just have no space in my home anymore to have random stuff x__x

My girlfriend went to FanExpo last year (I was working lol) - She got me signed posters for WatchDogs! Woot! 😄

Started converting my VHS anime 😄

I will MSG you soon @ShakTiburon with a shared OneDrive folder info, etc.

Oh YES! ^__^ Excited.
Thanks @Gdkitty

This thread is still alive! Wohoo!
I'll definitely will be waiting for the link.

I like DBZ and I am starting to notice a lot of people doing DBZ live action fandom, and the new movie released in theatres (DBZ Resurrection F). Don't know how actually new it is, but it was good to see anime being in theatres.

@ShakTiburon

Have you checked out the  DBZ Sequel DBS?

RogersAliciaG

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
No thanks...
Feels like an over kill and squeezing money out of people..

To be honest. I may secretly still watch it, but the anime effect seems... plastic-ie...

O__o" Did you check it out yet? is it any interesting? Hope the story line is good.

No, LOL 

I heard it got AWFUL reviews! 

I gave up on DBZ after the original airing 10+ years ago 😛

Anyways, PM on its way @ShakTiburon 🙂

If anyone else is interested.. I will be converting some early 80s/90s anime i have on VHS to digital, and making available via my 2ndary Onedrive.

From what i have looked.. a lot of this is not available online really anywhere else right now, so may be stuff many people, especially you YOUNGINS may not have seen.

Hey @Gdkitty

DBZ was probably the best.
I don't even like DB basis, it was... weird.

New Anime have much more action packed.
And I really like RPG style anime.
So .Hack, Sword Art Online, BTOOOM etc... the "game" aspect is merging with "fantasy"... I watch anime not because its real but because its unreal.
Just like why people read books, to escape reality.
as for dragon ball series; 10 episodes of charging up is unrealistic but since I have grown up... I might as well spend time else where 😛
Topic Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation