Again, Rogers takes but does not give back.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Again, Rogers takes but does not give back.

Yup just spoke to a rep. Was wondering why the channel wasn't working. My mum watches it to see how the new from around the world differs and what propaganda is pushed where. Nothing to replace it, now I'm paying 4$ more for the same service I had before. No replacement. You're not really offering a better experience if you don't replace a product you removed.

It's a bit ridiculous and feels like false advertisement to hook you in. I swapped recently from Bell thinking I would be getting cheaper service. On paper it was, but apparently the stuff I was promised by the customer service rep I spoke to wasn't something they actually offered. Instead of honoring what I signed up for, they changed everything up on me a day before installation. Channels I was told would be part of my package were now extra, just as this one is. When you add a bunch of channels at 4 - 5$ a pop, it adds up and becomes the exact same thing. These big telecoms really need more regulation.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, when it comes to these sudden changes shortly after we set a deal in place, our own option is that we have "buyer's remorse period" of 15 days, or 30 for those with disabilities if I recall the new code.

The one issue I can see that provides a small level of protection, is that they have to give 30 days notice, so you would have a legitimate concern to escalate if they sold a package to someone where it was already announced and known that a feature was being removed but even then, it only means that they have not lived to their side of the agreement, and maybe we can negotiation some compensation, or we can terminate our service.

This has been rogers approach for quite a while, removing stations and packages and then describe it as improving our viewing experience.  I have never had any other TV provider, so I don't know what the others do.

But like all of you, I get annoyed each time it happens.  In our current economy and politics, for many years, there has been a concept of more for less - on the production side more product for less money, which usually means less quantity or quality, as you only only squeeze so much out of us, and on the consumption side, the shareholders and CEO's drive the bottom line for each quarterly report, and there is little competition to do anything about it.

The best we can get is you can opt out anytime they remove something as it is a change in terms, or you accept it, and time frames of notice are provided.

By the way, I have nothing to do with Rogers, just a member like others - I am not defending them, just acknowledging the reality as it has been for a while now.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

I find we are payer more than we should forour service. Rogers shows commercials about the big upgrade in Ontario but they leave us with their old system with igher prices. When Bell comes around I'm leaving Rogers. With Bell you get wireless tv  and fiber optic cable and internet.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just receive this from this month's bill. Just to give a warning to others that have the same package and didn't see the note.

----

"TV CHANNEL REMOVALS
From time to time, we adjust our channel lineups to reflect the changing viewership
trends of our customers. As of January 1, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray RETRO,
Stingray LOUD, and Stingray VIBE will no longer be in your TV package. In addition, at the
discretion of the programmer, BBC Kids will also cease operations as of this date and will
no longer be available in your TV package.
The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you would like to respond to
this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your TV service, please
call us at 1-888-ROGERS1. Thank you for choosing Rogers.
"

----

What I don't understand is I do have Stingray Loud, Vibe and Juicebox. But I never had Stingray Retro (I wish I did) and BBC Kids (wish CBBC was available in Canada instead). The only one I will miss is Juicebox. I love all day music channels. If it still available later, I might add it back with one of those small theme packs.

And like always, I'm guesting that the price I pay will stay the same without replacing the channels. So I'll pay the same for less...

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is at the bottom of my November bill:

TV CHANNEL REMOVALS
From time to time, we adjust our channel lineups to reflect the changing viewership
trends of our customers. As of January 1, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray RETRO,
Stingray LOUD, and Stingray VIBE will no longer be in your TV package. In addition, at the
discretion of the programmer, BBC Kids will also cease operations as of this date and will
no longer be available in your TV package.
The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you would like to respond to
this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your TV service, please
call us at 1-888-ROGERS1. Thank you for choosing Rogers.

That's a substantial cut in service with no reduction in price.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario