purchase a new blackberry without activating it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

purchase a new blackberry without activating it

I'm looking to surprise a family member and buy them a new blackberry Q5. I'm wondering if I can just go into the store purchase the Q5 and a sim card, pay the full no term price and not activate anything. 

Once I give it to my family member they can bring it into the store and transfer their # and activate the SIM chip.

Is this possible? Or do I need to activate the unit at time of purchase?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: purchase a new blackberry without activating it

Hello c173606

When buying a device outright, you will need to sign a contract for 90 days or so. You can cancel it after. Hopefully you can buy it outright without it.

Best solution is to contact the store you are buying it from & ask them.
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation