Would you get a Windows 10 phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Would you get a Windows 10 phone?

I have had my Lumia 920 for 2 years now and I was waiting for a worthwhile upgrade since it has a problem with the sim card slot. The 950XL will be my choice for an upgrade. I just hope Rogers gets them or else I'll have to look at my carrier options to get the best price, because it is priced at 850$ unlocked.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@blkmmb

I've been waiting as well. Almost jumped shipped to Android in a moment of weakness. Almost went out and bought a 930 unlocked but decided to hold out.

To be honest I have this gut feeling that the carriers will only be carrying the 950 and that if anyone wants a 950XL they will have to buy it unlocked from the windows store. Historically no carriers have supported any windows flagship after the 1020. Also when the Lumia 640 and 640 XL was released no carrier offered it, and you could only buy the Lumia 640XL off the Canadian Microsoft store which leads me to believe that when the new Windows 10 Lumia's are released that carriers will offer the 950, 640 and 550 (possibly) and the XL versions of the 950 and 640 will have to be purchased through the store. I hope I'm wrong though and that after they are released they are advertised well and we can see all the windows phones devices in any Rogers store bundled with a BAND 2!

I've Been Around

I would and yes I have. I picked up the Lumia 950 XL from the Microsoft store. It is an excellent phone, dual sim, unlocked and the best part is I don't have to change my plan.