Would you buy a Lumia 930 from Amazon or Ebay

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Would you buy a Lumia 930 from Amazon or Ebay

Hello,

Hoping for some advice.  Since Rogers is not selling the Lumia 930 and I intend to stay with them.

Would you buy from Amazon:

vhttp://www.amazon.com/RM-1045-BRIGHT-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-SIMFREE/dp/B00LVSYX9Y/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&q...

or Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-Lumia-930-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-5-Full-HD-32GB-20MP-Pick-Your-Color-/201178...

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Thanks,

Mr. V

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Would you buy a Lumia 930 from Amazon or Ebay

I would actually buy the Nokia Lumia 830 that's coming out tomorrow. Smaller and lighter then the 930 yes it doesn't have a good of a camera or the processor is not as good but its windows Phone. I have a Nokia lumia 520 and runs smooth.

I've Been Here Awhile

I personally wouldnt get it because it doesnt support Roger's LTE network. Smiley Sad

If that doesnt matter to you, then go for it. Its certainly a much nicer phone than the 830.

I Plan to Stick Around

The phone should support LTE on Rogers, but only on the 2600 band (not AWS [1700/2100]).

I Plan to Stick Around

I heard it works on Rogers LTE

The 830 is nice, but I want the big camera!

So anyone buy from Amazon or Ebay?  A phone a phone - right?

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't been here for ages.

If you really want the 930 then I'm not gonna stop you from getting it. I got my 1520 off of Ebay for 165$ (broken screen but I can fix it Smiley Wink )

So yes go buy it if you must.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi ShinraCorp!

Thanks for replying!

I plan to buy a new unlocked one because they are cheaper but I am always wary buying from Ebay.

Btw - how is the 1520?

Opinions on the 930?

Size and issue?

How is the performance?

Like the OS?

I am leaving my Nokia N8 - which I actually still love, but Symbian is shutting down...

Mr. V

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey,

I've heard that the 1520 is amazing and would buy one myself but I have a windows tablet and decided against a phablet device. There are some really good reviews of the device on youtube. You are kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. I would recomment waiting until the new phones come out in the spring but hard when your current device is malfunctioning. I would also recommend a Lumia 920 as a bridge device until the Microsoft Lumia phones come out. I have a Lumia 920 with the windows phone 8.1 upgrade and it still works amazingly well after 2 years. If you have any questions or comments let me know, I've been using and following windows phone OS and devices for a while. All the best and good luck with your search.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for the late reply.

I just got my 1520 last week so after playing around for a week. I actually love it, now I haven't unlocked it nor fix it's screen yet as my financial situation isn't helping now but so far as a media consumption device, I think you won't need a tablet if you ever get a 1520, the audio on it is fantastic (for a phone) the camera works wonders.

I'll be selling my 920 away after I fix my screen and unlock it to use it. I cannot say anything about the call quality but I'm sure it beats the 920s loudspeakers (you can barely hear anything with them lol)

I wear cargo pants so I got enough pocket size for it, if I wear jeans I'll just use the 1520 pouch that I bought from the Windows Central store (only 20$ + shippping unless you pass 50$ in which it is free shipping if you do.)

Of course I know the 1520 isn't for everyone, it is a very large phone and will require you to use two hands. If you don't mind that then you'll love it, plus the MicroSD slot helps a lot Smiley Tongue

I cannot say about the screen quality since you know.. cracked screen and all but it does look nice. Also if you are planning to get the 1520 make sure it is NOT the AT&T model like I have since that model doesn't come with Qi Charging which is a bummer since I got a JBL/Nokia MDW-100 Bluetooth speakers with Wireless charging.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
I'm a Reliable Contributor