Wireless Voice Bonus Plans - Check when it ends!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Wireless Voice Bonus Plans - Check when it ends!

If you have a Rogers bonus plan I just wanted to let everyone know that you should check to see when it ends and put that date in your calendar.

I had a bonus plan: Unlimited National Voice Talk and Text on one of my cell phones. It lasted a year.

Unfortunately I forgot when it ended, so my last bill for just that phone was $110.00 last month.

They got me for  Weekend , Weekday , Weeknight calls ($.50/min)

Long distance calls. 

Text messages received. A lot were Rogers ads so I expect you are paying. 

& Test messages sent ($.25/mssg)

You would think Rogers could let you know on your bill or with an email when a plan will end as part of good client service, but apparently not. Smiley Sad Live and learn.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Wireless Voice Bonus Plans - Check when it ends!

Good evening  @User14,

Thanks for your post! Smiley Wink

I can understand that a higher than regular bill amount is a bad surprise if you are not expecting it.

You should normally see the specific end date of a promotion, you currently benefit from, on the three invoices prior to the expiry. We certainly wish to put all the tools at your disposition, in order to offer a great customer service but also for you to have the ability to better manage your account and services.

I am confident we would have the ability to offer you a plan that would better suit your needs, to prevent another expensive invoice. Did you get in touch with us since receiving the bill?

RogersMaude

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening  @User14,

Thanks for your post! Smiley Wink

I can understand that a higher than regular bill amount is a bad surprise if you are not expecting it.

You should normally see the specific end date of a promotion, you currently benefit from, on the three invoices prior to the expiry. We certainly wish to put all the tools at your disposition, in order to offer a great customer service but also for you to have the ability to better manage your account and services.

I am confident we would have the ability to offer you a plan that would better suit your needs, to prevent another expensive invoice. Did you get in touch with us since receiving the bill?

RogersMaude

You are absolute right!  On my previous bills there was a Reminder About Your Bonus Offer:  on the Wireless page for that cell phone.

"Don't forget. You've been receiving Unlimited Nation Talk&Text at no extra charge as our gift to you for being a loyal customer.  This gift is only valid for your current plan until your next device upgrade for up to 12 months from the original date it was effective (non-transferrable)." 

I just didn't pay attention to the detail on that particular page and I missed it so I didn't contact Rogers.  

It was my mistake which I hope other customers don't repeat. 

Perhaps a better reminder would be for Rogers to implement a warning on the front page of the bill under "What is the total due?" that actually gives you an EXPIRY date like this:  

"REMINDER: YOUR BONUS PLAN ENDS ON MAY 30, 2016.

Visit Rogers.com/contactus  to discuss your services."

Rogers bills do give me other administrative information like this:

"You saved $30.00 on this bill"  so it shouldn't be that difficult to replace it with a more important reminder that your plan is ending.  It would certainly be a service improvement in my opinion.

BTW, (Info for other community members)

I tried to get detailed information on my Rogers services through MyAccount, but I kept getting the message "Not Available" for some of the services like mobile and home phone plans. If it keeps happening I will have to contact Rogers.  

Also note that I couldn't see my detailed bill through MyAccount either as I use a pop-up blocker.  I did report that problem to the Office of the President because I could not pay my bill online. It seems that the Rogers app uses cookies so my pop-up blocker stops some of the Rogers web page functionality. FWIW. 

Thank you for your feedback User14.

Was the Office of the President able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction?

@RogersCorey wrote:

Thank you for your feedback User14.

Was the Office of the President able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction?

To answer your question - No. Basically the OOP said it was my problem because I had a pop-up blocker. They said I had to disengage the app to view my bill and pay online from the Rogers site.

I found the response rather flippant since I can go to nearly all internet sites like Amazon, Indigo,  Air Canada, MasterCard, The Bay, etc. etc. and see my bill and pay online without any problems. 

For the interest of community members, here is an image of what I get when I view my bill from MyAccount. 

I do appreciate community members posting their problems as it confirms whether or not the problem is specific or general.  In my case this problem is specific and it just isn't worth the effort to follow up with Rogers for a solution.  The workaround is to get a paper invoice and pay online through my bank. Thanks for asking though.

Rogers View Bill.png

I was just alerted to your response on 22-June-2017. I assume it is because someone or a bot marked your post as a solution to my comments.  To answer your question... yes, I did contact Rogers to review my plans but I found the permutations and combinations of issues and plans for phones, TV, and Internet were too confusing and complex. I did switch from Bell to Rogers and we still receive offers from Bell from time to time. I have also contacted Bell to see what plans they have to offer, so we will see where that leads in the future.

Thank you for your reply.