Windows phone 8.1 Suretap

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Windows phone 8.1 Suretap

So after looking around 8.1 there's something in the NFC called Tap to Pay, of course my initial reaction is awesome I can probably pay with my phone now. Sadly though after learning that it needs a suretap SIM card (which has 0 Windows Phone support) I was wondering if Rogers will ever create a suretap app for it or not.

***Edited Labels.***

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Windows phone 8.1 Suretap

Hello ShinraCorp

Sadly this is a User to user forum so Rogers most likely won't come and comment.

If they do, they most likely will do it after Windows 8.1 is officially released by Rogers and not the developers edition.. There isn't any word yet if they will or not. Only BlackBerry and some Android phones do support it but not all of them do.

Hopefully we will see it for Windows phones in the future.
I Plan to Stick Around

We could always spread rumours around haha but that's the one thing I'm looking forward too in the next step in smartphone technology. I mean NFC existed on Windows phone for about 2 years now and yet not a simple person decided to make a payment app for it, find it strange, oh well better late than never I guess. Yes I am a fan of Windows and Windows Phone Smiley Tongue
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShinraCorp

Haha we could but the posts will be removed due to it hah. That is correct! Soon enough Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

When Rogers first announced Suretap in 2012, they said Windows Phone was getting it. It's been almost 2 years, any we still have nothing Smiley Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__tuCJyi7Q

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shocwave2k

Most likely with Windows 8.1 it will work. Rogers and other carriers seem to not care or look at Windows anymore even tho many like it. Hopefully they will soon!
I'm a Regular

expansion of the Suretap service to Windows phone (I have the Lumia 920 and 1020) would be greatly appreciated!

both these phone support NFC and mobile payments. I would even personally volunteer to alpha/beta test the software.

Good evening @b-ry ,

Thank you for your post!

Great idea, I bet you are not the only one who thinks that way!

Please submit your ideas via the Rogers Idea Box

Thanks for contributing to the Forums!

RogersMaude

I'm a Regular

oh, ok,  thought I did submit to the ideabox...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers announced in June of last year that suretap wallet would be coming to windows phones by the end of the year. It is now pushing 5 months into the next year.  When is this coming?

http://www.techvirals.com/2015/06/23/rogers-suretap-wallet-coming-to-windows-phone-later-this-year/