Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and Nokia Bittersweet shimmer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and Nokia Bittersweet shimmer

I like it too but it sure took a long time to install. I would say that it took over two hours.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Glen_B

Most likely due to either the internet connection you had / signal & or the update being a big one. Most updates on some devices are that long depending what type of update it is / your signal straight& or your internet connection ( Wifi or 3G / 4G / LTE. )
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear what you're saying, Meowmix, but this is after the download that it took so long. The installation was similar in length to installing Windows 8.1 on my PC. Very strange but it did come out okay. I really like the new glance colours and the ability to close apps with the "x". There are probably some internal improvements as the device seems to work slightly smoother. I guess now we wait for 8.1 to be released. Lets meet back here when it's announced so we can be first to complain that Rogers is taking too long to roll it out.😎
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Glen_B

Thats good!. Well we shall meet up then!:p
I Plan to Stick Around

Since the update, on a couple of occassions I've been navigating between menus when suddenly the screen goes black and the word "resuming....." shows in the center.

As the phone hangs at that point, I have to reboot to get it to work again.

This did not occur prior to the latest update.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Element

Did you try doing a factory reset on the device to see if that fixes it?
I Plan to Stick Around

On my 920 the Black update was slow to install but then worked great. I do see some flashes when starting an app but nothing bad came of it. You must have another problem. I wonder if available RAM has anything to do with it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Disregard my comment as I now see that the factory reset worked for you. That's great.😊
I've Been Here Awhile

no it ts not yet

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats