Who pushes Windows 10 updates to eligible phones bought from the Microsoft Canada store?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Re: Who pushes Windows 10 updates to eligible phones bought from the Microsoft Canada store?

Yeah its a preview but yes when windows 10 phone final release is ready for the 640XL you can download it. Most likely microsoft will push it out to you but you can go into your settings and find the update that way. That link i gave to Microsoft Central is where most updates and info can be found. Its for mostly Microsoft Developers and MCSE's but bookmark it they offer alot of info on timelines there.

Rogers Employee

Re: Who pushes Windows 10 updates to eligible phones bought from the Microsoft Canada store?

Just remember @Mediaman if you bought it online through Microsoft, you will get the update before anyone else. So its like Google pushing Android 6.01 to people months before full release, so i would say keep an eye on it as Microsoft I think was stating summer release, but they have been known to push out early.

Smiley Happy

Rogers Employee

@Mediaman

Just to test your concerns, I didn't back up anything i let my 640xl manage it completely, and disabled my device reset, then wiped the phone. it restored every app, every picture and all my data (except for the stuff i manually saved to my SD card) which it offered to wipe but i declined, did a full restore and was back up and running even my desktop customization was kept, although i had to re-download some custom apps for managing tiles. It worked Perfect.

No fears, so yeah enable your online One drive backup and sit back and relax.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation