When oh when!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

When oh when!

Cmon lets get the os 7.1 rolling Rogers wireless.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: When oh when!

They will once they are done adding their own bloatware on it. I really hope Rogers releases it within a few weeks.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

What do you mean by "bloatware"?  Rogers adds a small file to the release which allows it to be used on Rogers-branded phones only.  That's the only way they alter the original release.

If that's what you meant, I apologize.  If not, what do you mean by "bloatware"?  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Bloatware means that Rogers boot-up screen & other Rogers small files are being put in before Rogers rolls the update out.

I did however add the 7.1 update from a leak & it seems pretty good. a few little issues but this is because its a leak version. I did speak to a few people that said that the update might come soon but no one knows until Rogers either releases it or says something.

I, too, am running a leaked 7.1 and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  Gotta love that Wi-Fi hotspot feature!  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I love that feature 🙂 I just love what Blackberry can add. Amazing phone tho i might add. Hopefully soon Rogers releases the update to us.
I've Been Around

HI BillJ

I just added leaked 7.1 OS to my 9810 and had Talkspot added to my account to call with wifi.  But it wont work.  I spoke to Rogers tech support and they confirmed it isnt supported.  I couldnt UMa to work - it's calle mobile hotspot in the leaked release.

Does it work for you?

@Torchmania, the Wi-Fi hotspot capability in OS 7.1 is for data transmission, not voice.  Wi-Fi calling, also known as UMA (or Unlicensed Mobile Access) has never been supported by Rogers.  There is a method for enabling that feature on your BlackBerry, but it involves getting into the engineering pages of your BlackBerry phone and speaking of it in the Rogers forums could well cost me my access to these forums, so I'll say nothing more about it.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

What are you talking about BillJ. Rogers does support UMA for the Bold 9700 & the 8900. I have both & work on UMA as talk spot.. The link will provide you with all the acceptable Phones that can run UMA on Rogers & how much it costs. Also I know the link is for a small busniess BUT i just called Rogers & indeed a Manager &  a sells rep did inform me that UMA is still supported on the 9700 & 8900. You need to contact them & they will tell you more. The new version of the phones i do not know if Rogers will allow it to run on UMA but they have not said anything yet.

http://www.rogers.com/business/on/en/smallbusiness/products/wireless/wifi/

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/BlackBerry_devices/thread-id/221...

I've obviously been misinformed.  And here I was thinking I knew everything! 

I stand corrected on this issue.  🙂

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation