When are we getting a Windows 10 phone from Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: When are we getting a Windows 10 phone from Rogers?

Live tiles are alive and well, don't worry! I've been using the W10 Mobile preview for the last few months and it is getting better and better. I'm using my 3 year old lumia 920, and I can't wait for the new w10 phones to come out in october!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Glad to hear it! I had the windows 10 preview on my phone, but it was nearly unusable so I rolled back to 8.1. Excited to see what is announced in 2 weeks! Hopefully they offer more devices in Canada.

I've Been Here Awhile

Kind of dissapointed here, I dropped my 1020 yesterday cracking the screen, I'm eligable for a device upgrade but Rogers does not have any WPs showing on the website. I was hoping to upgrade, but if I'm forced into an Android device, that to me will be a downgrade. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Wow, I can't beleive Rogers isn't even selling windows phones anymore - I REALLY hope they are leaving room to have the new windows 10 phones that are to be announced soon. If i were you, i'd buy an unlocked lumia 535 or something along those lines online, and just sit and wait it out!

Hey @Alan2

Ugh that sucks and that was my fear as well that my Lumia 920 would die or have an accident before the new phones are released.

They probably won't have anything at Rogers until November or December. Depends on the launch.

I'd also suggest getting a cheap to midrange device and waiting it out until they are released. www.expansys.ca is a good site for unlocked devices.

Found these

http://www.expansys.ca/nokia-lumia-925-att-unlocked-black-generic-box-b-stock-280832/

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Unlocked-BLU-Win-HD/productID.306014200

I'm not a huge fan of Android, but if you are forced into getting one at least the upside is that you can pretty much replace all the Google garbage with your Microsoft services like outlook, one drive etc

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if anyone say this, but will Rogers be carrying the new 950 / 950 XL? Or are we going to get stuck with the "nothing"?

http://www.zdnet.com/article/more-leaks-on-microsofts-coming-new-lumia-line-up/

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help guys, I just found out that the 1020 is amongst the easiest of smartphones to replace the glass in, 10 bucks on Amazon, combined with the YouTube tutorial and I should be good to go until Rogers steps up and offers a new WP. I'll give them until Christmas before I jump ship. 😄

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@ph8 waiting on it, no news yet to go by...

Definitely waiting fo WP to see If I would go to 950XL or get another Android lol
I Plan to Stick Around

the phones just dropped. when can i throw money at rogers and they make it happen? 950xl GO GO GO GO GO!

Hey! @mikedarling905

According to this article - http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/06/microsoft-announces-lumia-950-and-lumia-950-xl/ the devices won't be available to the Canadian Market until December. Boo! looking at the 950 myself.

At least the Band 2 is coming to Canada as well.

Cheers!

B