When are we getting a Windows 10 phone from Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

When are we getting a Windows 10 phone from Rogers?

Hoping it will have a WAY better battery life than my Lumia 1020!!

A removeable/replaceable battery would be nice!??

***Edited Labels***

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: When are we getting a Windows 10 phone from Rogers?

Hoping it will be once Windows 10 Phones are launched in Canada.
Rogers usually tries to get first dibs on stuff like this.
I am waiting for it too!
But Specs for Win 10 phones I read up on don't mentioned removable batteries! 😮

I am seriously hoping for the Hey Cortana fully integrated in the phone! Active Listening to me is awesome! 😄
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 950 and 950XL are rumoured to have a replaceable battery cover. If this is true it is likely the battery will be replaceable

I've Been Here Awhile

Well... I am skeptical about the "Hey Cortana" feature since I know for sure that my darn Garmin GPS with active listening is constantly thinking that I am talking to it when in fact I am not... 🙂   I think I am OK with a finger-press to wake Cortana up.... a little less "big brother-y" too!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Here's hoping!!! It's the single most missed feature of my current Windows phone since I converted over from many years of Blackberry devices.
Rogers Employee

Big Brother? Pfft please. I am All about Google. Those guys know when I leave for work (And my work is not even on my calendar lol)

They can have all my metadata as long as I get free services and useful features.

That's why I have android.

I wish, Google Now audio would be a known character too.

Windows: Cortana <-- Awesome
Apple: Siri
Google: -Random lady- <-- AHH! boring!
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hey,

According to articles I've read on Windows Central and WMPoweruser Windows 10 devices may be announced mid-late October with a release probably in November in time for Black Friday. Hopefully we get the same devices as released in the U.S.

It seems that a removable 3000 mAh is the minimum battery size going into the new Lumia budget phones such as the Lumia 640 and 640 XL. The new flag ships are rumoured to also  have removable 3000-3300 mAh batteries. Which will be amazing after 3 years with a Lumia 920 that needs to be charged at least twice a day.

The new Windows 10 mobile flagships are rumored to have removable batteries. Great article here about the specs from Windows Central. I hope Rogers gets both devices! There have been rumours that only one might be available.
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-cityman-and-talkman-flagship-full-details

Hey Cortana will be awesome, and if its integrated in the Lumia 930 and 1520 I don't see why it won't be for any of thenew flagships. I've been using Beta Cortana on my phone the past couple weeks for text messaging and its been great! Can't wait for that Active Listening!

Rogers Employee

o___o" Oooh.
I was thinking of going Windows, but lack of Google apps make me feel a little unease.

Does Google have beef with Microsoft or something? 😕 Silly.
Highlighted

@ShakTiburon

It does seem that google has a beef with windows as they have not released any official apps for youtube for windows. OH well lots of good 3rd party apps for that.

What other google apps would you want on windows?

Windows 10/mobile in theory is supposed to bridge the "app gap" and level the playing field. Only time will tell on that. Also microsoft has made available developers tools so developers can port Android and iOS apps onto windows. Apparently the Candy Crush games on windows are direct ports of the iOS version.

If you are curious you can get a unlocked device online to try it out, if you dont like it then just resell it to make money back. Then you at least know if you like it or not. Maybe wait for windows 10 though as right now is still in the midst of transition period. Maybe with more people downloading windows 10 and getting windows 10 mobile more developers will port apps.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 75 replies
  • 38 Likes
  • 10 in conversation