Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

There's a $5 monthly charge for this service, it kicks in the first time you use it.
Just Rogers trying to make more money.
I've Been Around

I'm very confused.  I have spent 4 phone calls trying to fix my text messages sent from an Outlook email address to my phone from requiring a "read" response.  I have an iPhone 6s.  It was working fine until last Thursday when I purchased a new phone for my husband and now all of a sudden it no longer works.  I was told I needed to subscribe to "email to text" which I  have tried to do with 4 different people at Rogers.  I'm now paying the $5 per month (which I did not have to pay prior to Thursday) and it still does not work without requiring the "read" and "more" response.  Is there anyone at Rogers that might know the solution.  I've spent now about 2 hours of my time trying to get someone to fix this.

An informative response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Sue

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @isue

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I understand you're looking for information on preventing E-MAIL TO TXT from requiring a "read" response. The solution I would recommend is using the phonenumber@sms.rogers.com. This E-MAIL TO TXT service (SMTP) is more convenient and widely used for sending SMS messages to a Rogers mobile phone. Not only from Outlook, but also from any other email accounts like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. The recipients will receive each message automatically without a "read" response.

The 4 Rogers agents were referring to the phonenumber@pcs.rogers.com E-MAIL TO TXT Direct Delivery service. This service is newer, more secure, manageable and offer more options, such as the following features:

• Message Alerts will no longer be sent to you when you subscribe to this feature.
  • Receive the first 160 characters of each message automatically.
  • All other features will remain the same.
  • Enjoy faster delivery.
  • Receive messages greater than 160 characters.
  • Spam control blocks unwanted e-mail messages.
  • Create your own e-mail address (eg. youralias@pcs.rogers.com). But hurry - availability is on a first come, first serve basis.

* Please Note: Regular Text Message charges will apply to reply to a Message Alert, for more information please click here.

* Also please keep in mind: Any charges to the recipient for E-MAIL TO TXT depends on that persons plan and works the same way as if the messages were sent from a mobile device.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

I've Been Around

I worked with a rep (Amy) via the online chat who was VERY helpful.

Charges DO depend on your plan.

I replied YES but then realized that I do not need the service since I get the emails on my phone anyway.  

Also, I'm not sure why, but I didn't receive a text for every email received, and those that sent me a text, did not send me an email.  (It's also possible that I did something wrong, but I sent myself a test email and it did not generate a text.)  Therefore, I DO NOT WANT THIS FEATURE.

In order to UNSUBSCRIBE, the CSR found out for me that I needed to do this:

Send a text to 0000000000 (10 zeros) saying UNSUBSCRIBE.  I received a confirmation text saying that I was unsubscribed.

I've Been Here Awhile

How does one stop these SMS messages from being sent to my phone?

I've Been Here Awhile

Never mind. Answer is in the post above.
I've Been Around

I am no longer able to get Emil-to-SMS on rogers. Another customer told me that Rogers has removed the newer email-to-SMS service and is forcing customers to use the old email-to-PCS service. This requires you hit "READ" in order to get our text message. I have unlimited text message. Do I still need to pay $5 monthly for the Email to SMS direct delivery? This problem has resulted in not receiving auto SMS messages from my home security system.  

Hello @farzin1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I know how important it is to receive all of your SMS's especially the ones sent from your home security system.

Due to recent system changes in order to have the direct delivery feature the $5 add-on is required. For applications that do not require direct delivery, there is the free option but as you stated it requires you to reply read to get the message content delivered.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

I just want to clearify...

When I receive the message:

"Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed; reply 'Yes' to this message to subscribe.",

if I type in READ, then it will display the message for FREE?

but if I type in YES, then I will be charged $5/month and I will no longer have to type in READ to have the message displayed?

Can someone from Rogers please clarify this for me ???

thanks

Good day @zedder17,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I understand your need to clarify certain aspects of the free Email to Text service.

The first time you are sent an email to your 10-digit telephone number@pcs.rogers.com, you will receive a welcome SMS inviting you to enable the service by replying ‘yes’.

From that point moving foward, you will receive the following SMS alert when a message is received. "You have mail from <email address>. Reply with 'Read' to view your message.

The message will end with <More> if it contains more than 160 characters. To read the entire message, reply ‘M’ or ‘More’.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats