Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Hi @Mozill,

Thank you for your patience

I can see you're looking for a better way to manage alerts sent from a tdalerts email account to your Rogers Samsung Note 4 smartphone using the Email -to -TXT method. I've tested the Email -to -TXT from my end sending up to six emails, five from the same Gmail email account one from Hotmail to my Rogers device and noticed the sender number seems to always change ending in numerical order with 0005 (example 0000-0005). If this is happening with you where there's a different number for each TD alert, this would be the reason for your messages averaging 20 -30 alerts a day. The only way around that would be to maybe search online for a 3rd party application designed to work on a carriers voice network. Basically giving your device the impression all messages are sent from the same voice number and not using Email -to -TEXT.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for trying out on your end.

Your test confirms that rogers is not properly handling email to text feature.

It was working perfect on Bell with everything else remaining same.

Can you pls escalate this as you can see from this entire thread that people are still having problems and Rogers is not addressing the issue.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just curious if you want to receive the alerts on your phone, why not receive the emails on your phone instead of texts?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Texts are easier to read than emails that also consume more batterySmiley Happy
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @RogersDarrell,

I am having tough time managing alerts originating from TD Web-broker stock alerts and received on to my Samsung Note 4 smartphone on Rogers. Existing setting on web-broker - mynumber@sms.rogers.com

Each alert is received as a separate sms coming from different (9 digit) numbers for different alerts. It is very cumbersome to read and manage all these alerts as they are not one or two; on average there are 20 -30 alerts in one day. So my message box is flooded with 30 different sms when in fact it should be all stored under single number as they all are coming from tdalerts@globalinvestor.com

Any help is really appreciated!

Regards,
Mozill

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mozill,

Have you tried what @RogersArthur suggested above? I've had this issue with SMS alerts before as well with multiple services but just switched to email alerts. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

Email setup doesn't resolve the problem. Moreover the problem is not with TD as email to text from TD works great with Bell. I suspect Rogers is not willing to spend time and energy on this feature.

Can you please provide with specific 3rd party application ?
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mozill,

Thank you for your post, I have looked into your request of having yourphonenumber@sms.rogers.com keep the same (sent from) phone number when receiving Email -to -TXT, to avoid receiving 20-30 separate SMS from the same tdalerts (notifications) email address.

The Rogers Email -to -TXT service is not designed to keep same number for sent messages organized in the same thread manner you're looking for. I don't know of a specific 3rd party application, hopefully one of our resident experts @Meowmix or anyone who has maybe used this feature before on the Rogers network could help out.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I've Been Around

So recieving an email on a phone with unlimited texting is free? or is it an add-on payable? per use?

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @UBM5,

To be able to receive this feature on your device you must subscribe to the feature for $5 a month. Once you subscribe to the feature, receiving your emails to text would be free. If you decide to respond to the email it will be charged either at the pay per use rate for texting or if you subscribe to a texting package it would come out of that texting package. 

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

Topic Stats