Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

<number>@sms.rogers.com worked!

Thank you for posting this ... @pcs.rogers.com with the "reply yes" confirmation was annoying.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion on change from pcs to sms.

I am having tough time managing alerts originating from TD Web-broker stock alerts and received on to my Samsung Note 4 smartphone on Rogers. Existing setting on web-broker - mynumber@sms.rogers.com

Each alert is received as a separate sms coming from different (9 digit) numbers for different alerts. It is very cumbersome to read and manage all these alerts as they are not one or two; on average there are 20 -30 alerts in one day. So my message box is flooded with 30 different sms when in fact it should be all stored under single number as they all are coming from tdalerts@globalinvestor.com

Any help is really appreciated!

Regards,
Mozill

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the exact same issue, all different numbers, why is this so difficult? Anyone have any ideas?

I've Been Around

yes
I Plan to Stick Around

According to several sources on the net, I should be able to send a text message to my friend's Rogers cell phone from Outlook on my PC, by sending to "his10digitnumber@pcs.rogers.com". This does not work.

The Rogers site includes an Outlook plugin, but the person installing the plugin has to have a Rogers wireless account, and I do not, so that is of no use to me.

Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to send text messages through an email client on a PC to Rogers accounts? I can to it to Bell subscribers, but so far, not Rogers.

thanks

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @gwilki,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

I understand you're looking for information on sending messages to our Rogers phonenumber@pcs.rogers.com from Outlook. The @pcs.rogers.com is more designed as an Email -to -TXT notification service which will always give the recipient the option (by text notification) to receive the message, or block the sender from sending future messages.

Please Note: a monthly fee of $5 applies when the recipient subscribe to the Email -to -TXT Direct Delivery Option.
*Regular Text Message charges will apply to reply to a Message Alert, click here for more information.

I would recommend using phonenumber@sms.rogers.com this Email to Text service (SMTP) is more convenient and a widely used method to sending messages as an SMS from any email address to a Rogers mobile phone. So you'll be able to send from an email program like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.  Please keep in mind any charges to the recipient for Email -to -TXT depends on that persons plan and works the same way as if the messages were sent from a mobile device.

As for the Outlook Plug-in this lets our customers send e-mails from Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express as SMS text messages to anyone with a mobile phone in North America.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Arthur,

Both of those gateway emails are garbage -.pcs and .sms . The first one as you explained you have to sign up for and the 2nd will send the message without user intervention HOWEVER every message they get (even if it's from the same person comes in through showing a different number - EVERYTIME. - garbage! On Bell it actually works properly. This is a issue that has been brought up of many different websites regarding Rogers email to text.

Doesn't seem like anyone cares or it's possible this is by design to be annoying.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Arthur, but, using the @pcs.rogers.com, the recipient is not seeing anything. He is not getting a notification of a message, he is not getting the message. So, it's not a case of him agreeing to pay to see my message. I will try the sms option.

On the Outlook plugin, if I understood the website and your reply correctly, I cannot use that plugin unless I am a Rogers wireless customer. Correct? Since I am not, then I cannot use it to send a message from Outlook to a Rogers wireless customer. So, in short, to use the plugin, both the sender and the recipient must be Rogers wireless customers. It seems odd to me. If both of us were Rogers wireless customers, we would not need to use Outlook at all. We could simply text from our phones.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @gwilki,

Thank you for your patience.

The fact the Rogers customer you're trying to send a message to is not seeing anything at all is something entirely different. So if nothing is received from you on their end you can have them test it by simply sending a message from their own email address to their own number. If it works have them forward the email to you so you can confirm the information/method they used, if it dosen't work, tell them about your Rogers Community Forums family to see if they'll join and I'll fix it for them. Smiley Happy

With the Outlook-Plugin, you're correct it's for Rogers customers only, the Outlook-Plugin allows Rogers customers to use the Email -to -TXT feature for sending messages to both non-Rogers customers as well as Rogers customers, so the recipient dosen't need to be Rogers wireless customer.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Hi RogersArthur,

Thank you for your replies!

I am having tough time managing alerts originating from TD Web-broker stock alerts and received on to my Samsung Note 4 smartphone on Rogers. Existing setting on web-broker - mynumber@sms.rogers.com

Each alert is received as a separate sms coming from different (9 digit) numbers for different alerts. It is very cumbersome to read and manage all these alerts as they are not one or two; on average there are 20 -30 alerts in one day. So my message box is flooded with 30 different sms when in fact it should be all stored under single number as they all are coming from tdalerts@globalinvestor.com

Any help is really appreciated!

Regards,
Mozill