Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Welcome to Rogers Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed

Except that this still doesn't help me in my case!

I received this message because I was trying to buy a ring tone from Myxer. Their system is meant to be quick and simple, and works by sending a link in a message sent to your phone number. This shows up as an email to my phone number, which is interpreted by Rogers as an Email to SMS, which I can't just recieve ON MY SMARTPHONE, unless, what? I subscribe to the service for $5 a month? Which was intended only for non-smartphones? This is ridiculous.

JK.

I've Been Around

I agree this extra overhead, which incurs a message for every interaction, is ridiculous.  I switched to Telus for the very reason.

I've Been Around

To me we shouldn't have to pay for this service. This is so non-texty people can send a text to US!

I am tired of having to pay for receiving. I have no control of this. unlimited incoming should be a given. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if you have a smart phone why are you using such an archaic email to sms service? this was designed back when phones were still primarily TDMA, its more of a Legacy system, smart phones have surpassed this technology, you can get an e-mail right to your smart phone for less than it costs to subscribe to this sms to email service

I've Been Around

I have been having this problem for a while now. I was getting at least 3 of these msgs almost every day! I called customer service and unfortunately the nice man I talked to had no idea what this could be or why I was even getting it since I have an iPhone. He unsubscribed me from all Rogers promotional texts in case that would help and promised to continue looking because now he was very curious! Lol. He ended up calling me back half an hour later with some more info. He told me to try texting "No" or "Unsubscribe" to 0000000000. That's 10 zeros. This actually got me somewhere but it just told me that I wasn't subscribed. It basically puts you into the menu system of this email to text service. I didn't fiddle for too long but so far haven't found anything along the lines of " stop sending me these stupid texts about your service". I know this doesn't solve the problem exactly but thought it might be helpful to let everyone know. The CSR told me it could take up to 2 weeks for his actions of Unsubscribing me from promotional texts to take affect but this may just do the trick. I hope.
I've Been Around

yes

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you cant unsubscribe, someone or maybe a spam bot or spammer is sending an e-mail to yourtelephonenumber@pcs.rogers.com   all you neeed to do is tell this person to stop emailing you and if they comply, it will go away. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi:

For those of you still having problems with this topic.  Try using @sms.rogers.com instead of @pcs.rogers.com

It works directly.  No Read response is required.

I've Been Around

My wife received this mail this morning on her Petro-Can phone. Doesn't make any sense to me. (if I got it, as I'm with Rogers, that would at least be somewhat logical....)

Is there some way to prevent her getting this message again?

I've Been Around

yes so you said that there is either a monthly fee or a per use fee what is either.or like the other guy said is it just when you have unlimited texting is it free and if you don't then you pay for each sms as you would regularly