Vodafone number has stopped receiving SMSs from my Rogers pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Vodafone number has stopped receiving SMSs from my Rogers pay as you go phone

Vodafone number has stopped receiving SMSs from my old Rogers pay as you go phone

Between March 27 and April 10, 2015 I sent four SMS messages (from my Rogers pay as you go phone to a Vodafone number) that did not reach the destination. I have been sending messages to this Vodafone number for years from the same phone and SIM card. I transmitted the last successful SMS to this number on March 20, 2015.

The internet account of my phone shows all four SMSs as transmitted.

On April 12, 2015 I tried to send a SMS to another Vodafone number which also did not receive it despite the fact my Rogers internet account shows the message as sent.

I mention that I can send SMSs to a different phone that is neither Rogers or Vodafone.

Is there a way to verify that these text messages, that were not received, really reached Vodafone?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Vodafone number has stopped receiving SMSs from my Rogers pay as you go phone

Welcome to the Community @bogdanlazar 

If the messages are showing delivered on your device, this could indicate the messages have left our network but something is blocking it on the Vodafone Network.

Ask the end-user to confirm that they didn't accidently add your number to their "rejection list"

Wireless Technical Support Representatives have the ability to "Trace Messages" that flow over the networks. In some scenarios, the issue will need to be escalated to the Network Team for further investigation.

I'll have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you, so we can assist with this.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Vodafone number has stopped receiving SMSs from my Rogers pay as you go phone

This is what the internet account of my pay as you go Rogers phone shows:

04/12/2015 12:41 $0.35 (01) 40722*****9 Outgoing SMS
04/10/2015 14:49 $0.35 (01) 40721*****7 Outgoing SMS
04/10/2015 14:35 $0.35 (01) 40721*****7 Outgoing SMS
04/03/2015 14:51 $0.35 (01) 40721*****7 Outgoing SMS
03/27/2015 10:44 $0.35 (01) 40721*****7 Outgoing SMS

The ***** were added by my because I do not want to disclose the two Vodafone numbers on a public forum.

None of these messages were received.

If I have a private email of a Rogers representative I can provide my phone number and other information that might be required to have those fife SMS checked to see what happened with them and where they exactely stopped.

I can further extend the investigation and talk with Vodafone but without evidence that my SMSs really reached them there is little chance I will make any progress because I am not their client.

Good evening @bogdanlazar ,

We are sorry about this situation.

At this time, our @CommunityHelps team has already reached out to you via Private Message.

Look out for the message in your inbox, to do so, click on the Envelope icon, located on the top right corner of this page.

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I have just found the private message sent to me and answered it by filling a form and providing, in a reply, all the information required. I am waiting now for an answer. Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately, my last SMS (04/24/2015 16:03) to the number (01)40721*****7 was not received.

04/24/2015 16:03 $0.35 (01 )40721*****7 Outgoing SMS

I am still unable to send text messages to the Vodafone number (01)40721*****7.

I have read all your private messages up to now but despite the fact your last answer appeared to say that the issue was fixed, it was not.

One week ago, I also informed Vodafone about the discussion with you and sent them the table, received from you in a private message, with my SMSs that had not reached the destination despite the fact they were marked "Delivered". They read my message a few times but I have got no answer from Vodafone.

Retired Moderator

Hi @bogdanlazar 

As the tables are showing that the messages have left our Network, we will need more information from Vodafone to have the issue further investigated.

Would it be possible to have the end-user contact Vodafone and ask them to confirm whether the messages reached their network or not?

If Vodafone can confirm that the message did reach their network, then we can conclude that issue is the end users phone.

With this information we can conduct a further investigation.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

1) There is no issue with the phone of the end user ((01)40721*****7) because I have tried to send an SMS to another Vodafone number, which also appeared in the table you sent to me, and this numbel also did not receive my SMS.

2) I have already asked Vodafone in a message on 10 April 2015 if the SMSs:

04/10/2015, 14:49 EST (01)40721*****7 Outgoing SMS
04/10/2015 14:35 EST (01)40721*****7 Outgoing SMS

from 514 ******9, Rogers (this is me) had reached their network.

The next day I got the following answer from Vodafone:

"I adressed the issue to the technical departament and we will come back with an answer in maximum 5 working days."

Those days had already passed long ago. I  have got no answer.

In the meantime I talked with you and received from you that table which I sent to Vodafone on 18 April 2015. They read my message a few times, the last time on 20 Apr 2015, 16:04 but I have received no answer from them.

Vodafone is well aware of the fact I can not send SMSs to two different phone numbers belonging to their network but for some unknown reasons it remains silent and does not want to confirm or deny my SMSs reached their network.

Retired Moderator

Ok @bogdanlazar 

Thanks for letting us know.

A good idea as this point, would be asking the end-user to put in a ticket to Vodafone Technical Support as it will be a big help in getting to the bottom of this issue.

I understand if you don't want to trouble the end-user by asking them to do this.

I would like to help you as much as we can so I am going to have our @CommunityHelps team reach out and see if we can obtain anymore information by escalating the issue to our Network Team.

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

After receiving this call: "04/26/2015 14:39 $4.50 Incoming Call Local Call" from a woman, a Rogers representative, I sent as requiered two SMSs with the content "Test message." to the two Vodafone numbers that do not receive my text messages. 

04/26/2015 14:58 $0.35 (01 ) 40721*****7 Outgoing SMS
04/26/2015 14:55 $0.35 (01 ) 40722*****9 Outgoing SMS

I hope you have now the necessary recent traces that can be used to ask Vodafone whether they received or not the two SMSs.