Text messages not sending ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Text messages not sending ?

Decided to jump on here to see if anyone else is having same issue....looks to be a network wide thing. both my phones are doing it, and just started last couple hours. Figured it was probably new years overload causing it....
Highlighted
I've Been Around

you would figure this would be a predictable problem

I've Been Around

Yeah, seems to be a network wide issue. I was trying to text my friend who's working New Year's at a restaurant. Finally she called me to wish me a happy new year and mentioned that none of her texts were going out. So...yeah. And here I thought something was wrong with my phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone

This was a Canada wide issue with all carriers. During new years even night when the year changes, everyone texts / calls at the same time in which clogs up the lines and systems to the point it won't work. This goes for all carriers. Not just Rogers.. This is something that happens every time this year.

Nothing is wrong with your phones or plans. Just the system overloaded with everyone trying to call and text at once during the night. All systems went back to normal around 3-4ish. It does take that long.
Retired Moderator RogersElise
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone and happy New Year!

Sorry for the issues at sending texts over New Year's eve. It's all working normally right now, is everything ok for you too? If not, please reach out on Twitter (@RogersHelps) or Facebook and we'll troubleshoot with you.

Hope you guys all had a good Holiday season.

I've Been Around

I live in manitoba and was unable to send text messages from 9:00 pm until the next morning when I got up at 10:00 am.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Flyers1074

It was due to it being New Year's and everyone was texting and calling . There is another 2 threads about this. That's all that was.

I've Been Around

i went from bb to iPhone for work. In doing so I now notice text to wife's iPhone from new Corp iPhone no longer get delivered unless she is on wifi. Never needed wifi prior to send or receive text from that iphone 4, any ideas? I delinked the phone # from my Apple ID so that it does not go through iMessage server. I also reset apple Id password just in case. It deliver vi sms text now. No dice.

I've Been Around

I am confused as I just switched 5 months ago after many years with Bell and on most New Years Eve I was up north at the cottage and had no issues. This year I stayed in the city GTA, and couldn't text. My friend is with Telus and had no issues as I received his text and could not respond. I did receive others also but can't confirm their provider at this time. I just spent 20 minutes with tech support and they actually had the nerve to say it could be my new S8 but I replied my wife has a S7 and she had the same issue and her company is huge. They then said if I didn't get extended coverage that could be why??? I have been sent the transcript.

Hello @Buyrestore,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

My apologies for the delay in response.

Staying connected with your loved ones is important, especially around New Year or other special events throughout the year. At times there could be congestion on the network which can cause text messages to become delayed or not delivered.

Usually, this does not last long and you should be able to send a text message again once the traffic dies down. Were you eventually able to send them the text messages or have you been having issues ever since? I hope that you are still not facing issues since your last post but if you are, we can definitely look into this for you. Keep us posted!

RogersTony