Text messages not sending ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Text messages not sending ?

Hi !
I was just wondering what was wrong with my phone and how to fix the text messaging system.

Every once in awhile my phone suddenly stops sending my messages, however, I can still receive texts.
Sometimes I just wait it out but it takes days and it's quite frustrating.
Sometimes if i'm lucky during this period, the message still makes it out to the outbox and I can try to resend it

Though that only works for about 20% of the time

* And I don't believe this is related to any billing problems because I have over 2000 texts remaining from a texting add on I bought around last month.

Help please ?

Thanks !

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Text messages not sending ?

Hi xicatherine,

Which model device do you have?

Do you get any specific error message?

Does it seem to happen randomly? When it does happen, are all numbers affected? Do calls work during that time?

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery?

This is most likely related to your device itself. With a bit more information we should be able to get this resolved.

I've Been Around

Have had that issue over the last couple of days with MMS...not sending or receiving...my fiance phone is same issue. We have both rebooted phones.....still does not work..mineis a BB his is not....never had issue before Friday. What's up?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have an LG Breeze.

And I think it happens randomly; I have no notice of when it's going to happen.

I press send but it never sends.

Usually I get a little bubble that pops up and confirms it is sending and when it is sent, I get another little bubble confirming it was successful. But sometimes it just stays neutral when i'm spamming the button and doesn't do anything. Calls do work, but I can't send text messages (I can recieve them though). I have tried re inserting my battery several times and it usually doesn't work, if it does it's only a temporary cure for a few messages.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

@hmcalendin

I recommend contacting our technical support directly at 1866-931-3282 so we can investigate this issue on our end

@xicatherine

The LG Breeze is not a Rogers device so I am unsure of the proper troubleshooting steps to take. Some basic steps include testing with another SIM card and performing a factory reset of the device. Other community members may be able to provide more information.

I've Been Around

I have a problem with sending messages. It occurs from time to time. My messages are not going through, but I can receive messages. It is very frustrating and not convenient. Lately I experienced another problem with my voicemail and I had to contact support service to resolve that issue.  It seems like the service is not that great ... 

I've Been Around

I have the same problem but it seems to be with long messages. The phone (Samsung Note) says: unable to connect with network server or something like that when there's a long message. The bubble spins for days and there's a little note "MMS" displayed

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a lg optimus with rogers and my text messages won't send. I was able to a couple hours ago but now I can't. It keeps saying sending failed and its with every contact but my calling still works. What can I do to fix that?
I've Been Around

Same here. BBM still works on my Blackberry so its Rogers - and I received text okay.  Fixed by midnight?????

I've Been Around

New years overload. I guess they need to overcharge us a bit more to fix the network. Maybe a couple billion more a year should do it.