Text messages not received from one contact

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Text messages not received from one contact

I'm having the same issue. It started about a week ago. One contact does not notify when a new text is received.

I've checked my OS is the latest

I've checked for any custom notification settings for this individual contact

There are no issues with notifications from other contacts 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem it started 2 days ago, I have deleted the contact and then put it back in that didnt work.  I have all the latest updates from Blackberry so that's not the issue.  It's so frustrating, the contact is my sister and my most used contact.  If I call her, a record of that stays in my hub just no texts show up and no notifications when a text from her comes in.  Does anyone have a fix? 

I've Been Around

I'm having the same issues as everyone else above - my os is up to date, very very frustrating as contact is my daughter. I've done complete restarts, deleted contact, etc etc etc.....HELP someone!!!! This has been going on for over a month now and is SO frustrating.

I've Been Here Awhile

After another contact "disappeared" I did a factory reset. It was a pain as I had to set everything up again but it did fix it.  I think there were just too many messages in the chat thread so now I try and delete on a regular basis so it doesnt happen again.

I've Been Around

You should check under settings>>firewall,

if it is enabled ,it can block your text messages,disable it,save the settings, reboot your phone, and you can see the number of text messages and mails blocked,you should be all good now. Visit Blackberry Q10 manual for complete solution. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, but your advice makes no sense at all. Read the problem. Only one contact has the issue. Do you honesty think that the firewall ( which has NOTHING do do with text messages) can cause this problem??!
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having this same issue!  My most used contact as well.  I had tried deleting the conversation because it was glitching, now it will not show up in my hub, OR NOTIFY ME OF NEW TEXTS, although if i search for the phone number, i can see the conversation.  Tried multiple restarts and deleting and re-adding new contact, however the text data is still stored under the phone number, so i don't think this matters. NO SOLUTION.

Good morning @Palladin12!

Welcome to our Community!

I know it may be a pain but if deleting and re-adding the contact isn't working, I can only recommend performing a factory reset. If it was glitching, that may be an indication the issue is OS related.

If you don't have a recent backup, be sure to create one before you do the restore. If you have a backup from before the issue occurred, you may want to try restoring to that backup instead.

Please let us know whether or not the restore works Smiley Happy

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Good Morning Corey

Thank you very very much for the reply. It is very reassurring to know my old dino phone is still supported Smiley Happy

I think I understand the problem now.  

And yes I did do the factory reset and backed up, which got me back working, but i still had the issue i created for myself in the beginning.

Issue was my text conversations were becoming too large.  I never deleted the chat in my conversations and one in particular caused my problem of becoming not responsive.

Another mistake I made, was deleting the CONVERSATION (from hub i suppose) but not the CHAT messages.  In deleting the conversation, the text would not show up unless i searched for it, and WOULD NOT GIVE ANY NOTIFICATION of new text received.  AND all my chat messages that were gumming up were still there, just semi-hidden.  Which is kinda wonky of blackberry but there you have it.
What I needed to do was go into the conversation, and "Clear Chat", which deletes the message history (and the problem).  It took me multiple tries and waiting and waiting but it finally disappeared.

Now my phone works and texting is fast.

So long story short:

1) Do NOT delete conversation

2) Do CLEAR CHAT (deletes chat history) 

Thank you