cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages not received from one contact

danco1000
I've been here awhile

My wife has a Blackberry Q10.

She receives text messages from all contacts but one.

For that one person, if she starts to draft a message to that contact suddenly all the texts that this contact sent her appear.

But they will not appear until she starts to draft a text to that contact.
Nor is a notification recieved that texts were sent to her from that contact.

She deleted the contact and readded to her phone.

The phone has been upgraded to latest patches and such and of course has been restarted.
What else can be done to fix this?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Text messages not received from one contact

Palladin12
I've been here awhile

Good Morning Corey

Thank you very very much for the reply. It is very reassurring to know my old dino phone is still supported 🙂

I think I understand the problem now.  

And yes I did do the factory reset and backed up, which got me back working, but i still had the issue i created for myself in the beginning.

Issue was my text conversations were becoming too large.  I never deleted the chat in my conversations and one in particular caused my problem of becoming not responsive.

Another mistake I made, was deleting the CONVERSATION (from hub i suppose) but not the CHAT messages.  In deleting the conversation, the text would not show up unless i searched for it, and WOULD NOT GIVE ANY NOTIFICATION of new text received.  AND all my chat messages that were gumming up were still there, just semi-hidden.  Which is kinda wonky of blackberry but there you have it.
What I needed to do was go into the conversation, and "Clear Chat", which deletes the message history (and the problem).  It took me multiple tries and waiting and waiting but it finally disappeared.

Now my phone works and texting is fast.

So long story short:

1) Do NOT delete conversation

2) Do CLEAR CHAT (deletes chat history) 

Thank you

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @danco1000

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Let's see how we can get your text messaging issue dealt with on your Blackberry.

Have you tried completing a back up and factory rest of device?

Let us know if that helps or if you need assistance with completing reset and restore on your device.

@RogersPrasana

BBDragon
I've been around

Hi Danco1000

I had the same problem with one contact's text not showing up on my Classic  Tried all the things you did, and also could not mass erase the texts from the contact.  Finally, I went to the first text of the contact that was there and manually started to delete the texts one by one.  After erasing a months worth of text, I was able to purge all the texts and the next text from the contact came normally and text notifications were working.  I had a year and a half  worth of texts accumulated from the contacts. 

Now I know to occasionally purge texts as the texts are not automatically purged by the phone.

Hope this helps you.

BBDragon

danco1000
I've been here awhile
A Blackberry update came down to the phone and since then then issue is resolved.

Hi @danco1000,

We're happy to hear it's working for you now! Smiley Happy

Who would have known the device needed another update, this will definitely help others online seeking for a solution to not receiving text messages from one contact, excellent job. Thanks for sharing the information with the Community.

RogersArthur

I have a Blackberry Q10 and 2 days ago I started having the same problem described by @danco1000.

I receive text messages from all contacts except one.

For that one contact, when I start to compose a message to that contact, then all the texts from/to that contact appear.

However, no notification is received that texts were sent to me from that contact.

Also, the contact name/number no longer appears in the text message feed. 

I have deleted the contact and all text history, but the problem persists.

The phone has been restarted.  How can I confirm if I have the latest patches?

Has a solution to this problem been reported?

Thanks.

I am having this issue with one contact right now. 

I do not see his texts unless I go to 'compose a messge' and choose him. 

Some of my messages are not sending and just timing out. This is how it started on Friday. 

I cannot delete our conversation or individual messages. 

I have looked for an update (first thought), but my phone is showing none available. 

Sabrina 

Hello @vanbuskirks,

Welcome to the Community! 

I've personally had this happen to me with only one friend and it turned out because he lived in a basement apartment, he didn't have reception most of the time which prevented my messages from being delivered to him! What type of phone are you using? 

@Meowmix, feel free to chime in :).

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I am using a Q10. 

This seems to be an (recent) issue with Blackberry phones after finding this forum and looking online. My issue is exactly in line with the other contributors to this post. see Danco10000 above

The contact is my husband so the issue is not reception. We live in the same house and nothing has changed since the issue started last week. 

Looking for a fix.

Sabrina

@vanbuskirks, have you tried updating your phone to the latest OS? If not, you might be able to find helpful information here. If you scroll all the way down on the first page, you'll find an "Update your smartphone" link. Once you click on that, you'll find instructions on how to do the update. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm having the same issue. It started about a week ago. One contact does not notify when a new text is received.

I've checked my OS is the latest

I've checked for any custom notification settings for this individual contact

There are no issues with notifications from other contacts 

com1
I've been here awhile

I'm having the same problem it started 2 days ago, I have deleted the contact and then put it back in that didnt work.  I have all the latest updates from Blackberry so that's not the issue.  It's so frustrating, the contact is my sister and my most used contact.  If I call her, a record of that stays in my hub just no texts show up and no notifications when a text from her comes in.  Does anyone have a fix? 

debod
I've been around

I'm having the same issues as everyone else above - my os is up to date, very very frustrating as contact is my daughter. I've done complete restarts, deleted contact, etc etc etc.....HELP someone!!!! This has been going on for over a month now and is SO frustrating.

com1
I've been here awhile

After another contact "disappeared" I did a factory reset. It was a pain as I had to set everything up again but it did fix it.  I think there were just too many messages in the chat thread so now I try and delete on a regular basis so it doesnt happen again.

mufupuhyga
I've been around

You should check under settings>>firewall,

if it is enabled ,it can block your text messages,disable it,save the settings, reboot your phone, and you can see the number of text messages and mails blocked,you should be all good now. Visit Blackberry Q10 manual for complete solution. 

Sorry, but your advice makes no sense at all. Read the problem. Only one contact has the issue. Do you honesty think that the firewall ( which has NOTHING do do with text messages) can cause this problem??!

Palladin12
I've been here awhile

I am having this same issue!  My most used contact as well.  I had tried deleting the conversation because it was glitching, now it will not show up in my hub, OR NOTIFY ME OF NEW TEXTS, although if i search for the phone number, i can see the conversation.  Tried multiple restarts and deleting and re-adding new contact, however the text data is still stored under the phone number, so i don't think this matters. NO SOLUTION.

Good morning @Palladin12!

Welcome to our Community!

I know it may be a pain but if deleting and re-adding the contact isn't working, I can only recommend performing a factory reset. If it was glitching, that may be an indication the issue is OS related.

If you don't have a recent backup, be sure to create one before you do the restore. If you have a backup from before the issue occurred, you may want to try restoring to that backup instead.

Please let us know whether or not the restore works 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Palladin12
I've been here awhile

Good Morning Corey

Thank you very very much for the reply. It is very reassurring to know my old dino phone is still supported 🙂

I think I understand the problem now.  

And yes I did do the factory reset and backed up, which got me back working, but i still had the issue i created for myself in the beginning.

Issue was my text conversations were becoming too large.  I never deleted the chat in my conversations and one in particular caused my problem of becoming not responsive.

Another mistake I made, was deleting the CONVERSATION (from hub i suppose) but not the CHAT messages.  In deleting the conversation, the text would not show up unless i searched for it, and WOULD NOT GIVE ANY NOTIFICATION of new text received.  AND all my chat messages that were gumming up were still there, just semi-hidden.  Which is kinda wonky of blackberry but there you have it.
What I needed to do was go into the conversation, and "Clear Chat", which deletes the message history (and the problem).  It took me multiple tries and waiting and waiting but it finally disappeared.

Now my phone works and texting is fast.

So long story short:

1) Do NOT delete conversation

2) Do CLEAR CHAT (deletes chat history) 

Thank you

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you @Palladin12

You rock.

- RogersCorey

Topic Stats